Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Big O

In the money at the Big O! I've now hit the board twice in four attempts since I've started playing the Big O and WWDN which is surprising to me since I've been playing 95% cash games both online and live for the past few months.

This does have the Tournament juices flowing again and I hope to carry the momentum forward on Friday when Carmen SinCity(Set Queen)and I hook up with Gary Friday morning at the Sahara for their $33+$9 with a $20 add-on Tournament. Friday is a big day there so we might see as many as 70 players. Carmen is charging the camera so she'll definitely have pictures up sometime Friday night or Saturday morning.

I was stuck on the bubble for way too long battling it out with Mrs. Mookie as the short stack. After having decent playable cards most of the tournament I went card dead at teh absolute wrong time. I was looking for anything to push but nothing even close looked accetable.

Well Mrs. Mookie got all-in with QQ against KJ and doubled up leaving me way short stacked. Next hand I get Q9 sooted so I push and luckily no one calls. Next hand I get the Tourist, and again push only but this time I get called by AT. Flop comes 7-Q-9 so I hit my three outer and survive. The way my luck has been running lately I thought for sure I was done but finally I caught a break.

It takes 22 more agonizing hands before Mrs. Mookie gets all-in with Sniperboy. At this point the three of us and Drew's Pop are sweating this thing out so when she runs her A-Q into K-K the bubble bursts and I sneak into the money.

I then push A-10o on the button after two limps in front of me and both call. The board shows 4 diamonds and I hit the nut flush to beat 7-7. I'm almost back in this thing now.

Two hands later and staying aggressive I get A-10 sooted and push again and get called with 9-9. Now it's either I'm chip leader or I go home. My hand doesn't improve and I go home in 5th place which again I'll take since I've been living on the cash games and haven't played too many Tourneys lately.

Thanks again Mookie for hosting the game and thanks to all the bloggers for their interesting stories that keep me coming back on a daily basis. It's awesome to be a part of this and I look forward to seeing all of you whenever you make it to Vegas.

6 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Nice job man. Looking forward to my trip out there. That Sahara tourney sounds pretty good.

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

Great run last night. You played very well. Thanks for coming out to play and see you in Vegas in June.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger jjok said...

nice run last night....congrats!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

Echoing everybody else, nice job last night.

I'll see you in a few.

G

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

Echoing everybody else, nice job last night.

I'll see you in a few.

G

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

It was fun playing the final table with you last night. That bubble was awful. Also, when you pushed, I thought you were trying to buy it with a lower pair. I don't think I would have put that much of my stack in on a coin flip. Good thing my edge held up. Look forward to playing with you again. I'm going to link you up as well, even though you're a Miami fan, and I'm a VT grad. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home