Friday, April 28, 2006

Letter from the Senator

I was somewhat surprised this morning when I opened my email and found a letter from Senator John Ensign replying to my demand that he not vote for any legislation prohibiting online gaming. Now being fairly new to this Great State of Las Vegas...I mean Nevada, I have yet to dabble into the local political scene but I must say I'm impressed with this guy based purely on his form letter.

Now before you think I'm easily swayed please be aware that I've only voted for one party my entire life, heck I might actually have been one of the 600 or so votes from Palm Beach County back in 2000 that got Dufus elected, but even so my mind is much more open lately.

I digress, anyway my man Ensign told me I can rest assured, I love that phrase, that the proposals did not unfairly discriminate against certain forms of gaming, while favoring others, such as gaming on Indian reservations and race tracks and furthermore, it is vital that individual states maintain the right to regulate gaming operations within their borders.

Now that I can put my head on the pillow tonight and fall immediately to sleep is comforting. Sounds to me like even though Nevada probably has no pull with all the moral assholes back East, that no matter what legislation may or may not be passed, worst case is I'm playing on the Poker Stars Network who's offices will be based right next to the Harrah's Corporate Offices right here in Vegas.

Back to Poker, well actually staying with Poker, I had a nice run this afternoon to the tune of $71 an hour playing low limit cash games on Stars. Yes my full house beat Broadway and yes my doubled stack AA all-in preflop took down one the robot multi-tablers double stack KK. Let's see 1x2x2=4. It's been a good month on Poker Stars, and I might have to consider either playing two tables at the same level or jump up a level and stay at one table.

Finally GCox, the lovely Carmen SinCity, and myself will be playing in the 11am Sahara Tournament. Gary and Carmen both have their cameras ready so one will try to have some updates and pics Friday night or Saturday morning. Stay tuned.

Everyone have a enjoyable and also profitable weekend.

4 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Good luck in the tournament. I look forward to reading all of the writeups!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Good luck guys, and yes definitely post updated here for us to stay abreast of the action.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

Uh, except Gary left his camera in the car and never took a picture. Doh!

Don, I had a great time and thanks again for your hospitality. Please think about coming to Okie-Vegas and I will return the favor.

Good times,

G

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous kipper said...

Sounds like you all had a fun time. Shoot I need to get out more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home