Wednesday, May 24, 2006

In the Money

Yes, I sucked out twice. The first one I was all-in with AJ and beat AQ. It was the difference between going home and getting to the bubble spot with 18 players still left. The second time was with A-9 against A-K and was the difference between 6th and 3rd. I'm pleased with my finish but I was looking forward to getting heads-up with the eventual champ Smokkee. We got all the money in pre-flop with my A-K against his 4-4 and he flopped the set that crippled me.

Once I hit my first suck-out I was in 10th place out of 18 and from there I was able to go from T5000 to the lead of T15000 with only having to play two post-flop hands. My table was extrememy tight and I raised at least two times an orbit, sometimes with a hand and sometimes with nothing and it worked to a charm. When I was the BB more often than not it was folded around to me and I was given the free money. I did notice that it was either me and Smokkee being the aggressors and I think thats the main reason we kept building our stacks. It seemed like almost every hand it was he or I raising and we never got into a tangle with each other.

I'm getting the fever again with the MTT action and I'll get a chance to play in some live Tournaments next week with Carmen and Chris. He's flying in next Wednesday and it looks like we are playing at Caesars on Thursday and Binions on Friday. We've even talked about trying to satellite into the Vegas Open which starts one week from Friday. Of course we'll keep everyone up-to-date during his trip and as always Carmen will have the pictures posted on her site.

I love Wednesdays becasue tonite is my personal favorite The Mookie followed by a trip to the MGM for some live action. Maybe tonite is the night we get 46 so the Final Table can get paid. Keep an eye out for that calling station Xanthius, or Smooth Call as Mookie likes to call him. I mentioned to Mook that I'm busting Smooth Call this week but like Rocco Boxer there appears to be a line out the door to get to them first.

The Final Table is usually a mix between Austin and the World but to this week the early line it World 6:5 over Austin and the Over/Under for Austin players getting to the final table is 4. Place your bets people.

See everyone tonite.

9 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Great job man. I was hoping for you and smokkee heads up. Was real close.

Looking forward to the trip.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

once it got three handed, we were pretty much heads up. GScott didn't have enuf chips to really have a shot. i figured i was moving in on you in a coin flip situation. i was kinda surprised to get the call. i would've done the same tho. obv, you gotta go to war with AK heads up.

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

Congrats on the nice finish last night.

I love the line this week for The Mookie. I think that is pretty accurate.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger jjok said...

Good job man!!!! See you tonight....probably at the same table to start, I give it 3-to-2 odds that will happen.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

I was pulling for ya last night. Bummer finish but great play.

Wish I could make the Mookie tonight, but the GF is on poker-tilt at me so no poker machine for Hoff. So it goes. GL man.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger surflexus said...

I was yelling for "The Jack" so if anyone has a problem with that hand, they can blame me. Great job last night!! See you tonight at "The Mookie"!!!

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger RoccoBoxer said...

Hey, line up... I love the action!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

nice job as usual Don...sweating you from the rail is becoming my part time job!

catch you next week no doubt.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Don,

been thinking about it today, and have decided to take 5 days off (back in time for WWdN). The plan is to finish Theory and Gordon's book and start on Harrington. Do you have a bankroll book you would recommend? (I know the on a first read only about 10% sticks anyway, which is why I try to move quickly the first time and mull more the second/third time through.) Your thoughts on this would be helpful.
Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home