Thursday, May 25, 2006

Losing and Loving It

Let's do this in reverse order. The MGM as always was full of people giving away money yet last night it was somewhat of a minefield thanks to a few too many discovered hands. Try these on for size.

Two pair J-Q gets gutshotted (is that a word)when 8-10o gets a nine on the river. That cost $180. Trip 5s with the Q kicker gets beat to a flush on the river. That hand cost me $100 and the pot was $500, problem was too many small stacks got all-in and I could get rid of the suck out odds. Then my A-K ran into A-9, which of course would have been more fitting if it ran into the tourist, and another $200 gone when my donkey friend turns a 9.

Now that's nearly $500 on three losing pots but still I only leave down $87. Hey that's life in Vegas at the $1-2NL table. You know I don't even get pissed at bad beats anymore which is growth in itself. Just say good hand and reach into my pocket for more cash. Also as I said the other day, my wins have been of the large variety while the loses have been slight and wins right now are averaging about 4 out of 5 sessions so by no means am I complaining.

The Mookie was a roller coaster ride as my chips went from worst to first to worst to first to 7th. Aggression baby but just a tad too much. When I am 2nd in chips and there are only 12 players left I need to fold DQB! when the 3rd stack re-raises all-in. He had K-K and down I go. Stupid play at a stupid time so 7th place after making an all-star final table. Congrats to JJ on the win, Waffles on 2nd, and Chris on 3rd.

I did have a blast live chatting with many of my new found blogger friends. The interesting part about being new to reading all these blogs is that you get to somewhat know a person first by their writing which throws out the potential visual stereotypes. Now I can attach a voice to about 10 different bloggers which combined with their writing allows for more of the picture to be painted. Now its really going to be a blast when I get to meet them in person when I can see if what I've picture matches their looks.

Fortunately for those in the live chat but unfortunately for Carmen they got to hear the flurry of fucks, and motherfuckers, and asshole when her pocket Aces ran into runner, runner, runner, runner, runner clubs knocking her out. Hang in there baby it was only one bad day.

If nobody knew and how could you not Life is Good! I hope everyone woke up today with a smile on their face and happiness in their lifes.

Stay profitable.

6 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Too bad we didn't really get to play at the same table early and were both small stacks at the final table so that didn't last long enough...I was bubble boy after you...

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Great game man! LOT OF FUN! Carmen was aewsome.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Raveen said...

nice post man ur right as long your happy life is just that much better....just found ur blog off tom's page gl in the future u can check out mine if ur bored

http://livinglife1dayatatime.blogspot.com/

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Again, wish I'd been there. Sounds like you and Carmen both had a rough night at the MGM. I sense many fish in your future, handing you chips. Fish and chips. Sounds like a meal! See ya at the DADI!

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

Nice run again last night. Mr. Consistent.

How often do you play cash games online ? I need to get some time in before the Vegas trip. All I seem to be playing lately is just blogger tournies.

Oh and the betting lines were great.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger katitude said...

LOL....yeah the chat boys do love it when a woman drops the F-bomb *grin.

Great chatting with you two!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home