Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tourney Time

So I lied, somewhat, well I changed my mind really. I played in a tournament last night. I'm aware that I said strictly cash games and that I also said no matter what that I wasn't going to play anymore SnGs but playing in the bloggers events and reading about so many bloggers getting deep into tournaments has given me the fever.

Now here in Vegas cash games are still king, they pay the bills and allow for chances to play in satellites to big tournaments so I figured why not give it a shot. I can't deny that I do like playing tournaments especially live and I've actually cashed in a few here, the biggest being a 2nd place in a 80 person event at Binions, and well for as little as $200 you can Super Satellite into WPT and WSOP events so why not.

Last night I played in the Stars 19:45 $10 + $1 with 1400+ entrants. Yes I know it's a small buy-in but it's a start. I actually play way more aggressive in tournaments than cash games because the risk doesn't cost you your real money stack and I actually had good results and finished in 91st place. Unfortunately my cards got ice cold when the tourney became a push fest and I wound up bleeding to death. It would have been nice to get some cards to see how far I could have gotten but oh well. During the middle stages of the tourney I played super aggressive and at one time got into the top 20 with no cards better than AQ. I'll need to remember that if I advance into the middle stages tonight in the WWDN and Wednesday in the Mookie.

I miss my girl Carmen SinCity as she tries to adjust to working the graveyard. We'll spend a ton of time together Wednesday and Thursday with the Mookie and live MGM action both nights. Hang tough girl and remember, like poker, its the playing the cards right and the long-term results.

See everyone tonight.

2 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Hey Don, long time no talk. Nice to hear you're back dabbling in the MTTs. Personally I can't stay away from them. I enjoy cash games and the occasional sng, but I am all about the MTTs baybeee!

I love the $10 buyin MTT on stars. They run a few every night, and often I'll jump into the 10:40pm ET $10 buyin, a tournament which I have final tabled twice this year (but not recently).

I also really enjoy the $5 turbo MTT that they run at 10:39pm ET on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. Usually I'll fire it up shortly after getting eliminated from the WWdN. Check it out tonight and I'm sure I'll see you there.

See you at the WWdN tonight man. I really need to rein in the aggression a little bit in this kind of tournament -- tonight I'll be giving that a concerted try.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger jjok said...

I meant to comment on your post yesterday......

GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGE fan.....HUGE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home