Wednesday, May 03, 2006

WWDN losses and MGM Wins

Back to the regular Tuesday night WWDN with all sorts of excitement. 65 players and sure enough Carmen SinCity and I wind up at the same table. There are no laptops at our spot, we're a two desktop family so not only are we seated at the same table but we're seated at the same table.



That's our office. Me on the left Carmen on the right. So we had to turn our monitors away from each other and promise not to cheat. Actually though we didn't need this set-up for too long though because Carmen was the second player eliminated when her AA ran into the mighty 88. The eights hit for a set, they both got all-in and Carmen left in a huff. I also won the prop bet and Carmen got to blow off steam/take our dog Lucy for her walk.

I won a few decent pots then started bleeding to death as my cards were horrible but I did pull a first. On the button with about 1500 left blinds 75/150 and my boy Mookie raises to 450. I look down and see "The Hammer" and figure now is the time. I had never yet partaken in dropping this all powerful hammer but here we go. I move all-in and Mookie goes into the tank. He finally folds and I turn over my first ever all-in Hammer followed by what I can only imagine to be shrieks of joy. Hammer gets typed into the chat box six times and now I finally feel the power. Yea so I ran my full house into quads to finish in 25th but I got away with the Hammer.

Now Carmen had the Jones for more Poker after her 64th place finish so we put some clothes on and drove down to the local fishtank otherwise known as the MGM for some live Tuesday action. As a mentioned a few days ago I had spotted some small leaks in my game so I was ready to take a test run and start putting some winning sessions together again.

The room is dead so we wind up sitting at the same table again, me in S4 her in S9. Much to our pleasure we find the biggest fish of all sitting in S7 throwing her chips around. Now this chic was fairly attractive, half-buzzed, and she couldn't keep her mouth shut. Typical 25 year old chic who acted cooler than she really was but deep down very insecure, the have to be the center of attention type. She was the loosest....poker player I've seen a long time and the whole table was hoping to get in a hand against her.

Now she played almost any two cards and she rarely folded even when re-raised but she did, at times, have the goods or pulled some huge rivers. She even busted a couple of short stacks and she also made a big score when she rivered a straight flush but still it was money for the taking.

I caught KK and raised to $15 and got her and another caller. The flop came 4-6-6 and I fired $50. She re-raised me all-in. Oh shit dilemma time. Either she has a 6 or she was just posturing for the Alpha female role but no way I was folding. If she's got the 6 then I lose my stack and eat a bunch of shit and if not I nearly double up. I call, she mucks.

Man it was a feeding frenzy. She doubled up three others and wound up dumping about $900 in 90 minutes. Poor Carmen was card dead and missed the feeding.

Anyway I flopped a flush against some dudes set then I bluffed a guy off of K-J with TT when the flop came K-7-4, and the turn brought another 7. I bet the flop he called, I put him all-in after then turn and he went into the tank and finally folder thinking I had A-K because of my pre-flop raise.

Anyway I'm back! 3.5 hours of live action showed a profit of $354. I'm hoping I got the leaks fixed so I can really turn a nice profit in May. I don't want to get ahead of myself but I'm reading Mark Blake's book, "Professional Poker: The Essential Guide to Playing for a Living," and I'm thinking of giving it a go. More will be revealed.

I'll see everyone tonite at the Mookie.

3 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Congratulations on your first hammer. After a while, it becomes second nature, so you have to be careful when you're not playing with bloggers!

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

Very nice hammer drop ! I had AJo, so I wasn't very far ahead, well actually...you were way ahead since you had the hammer !...See you tonight at The Mookie.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger surflexus said...

enjoyed playing with you and Carmen tonight Don.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home