Monday, June 19, 2006

Alright Miami

What a basketball game, Dwyane Wade is the man no question about that. I think I was on my feet in my living room for the whole 4th quarter and OT. It was also the most nervous I can ever remember being for a sporting event that I didn't have money on. Even though my team won did that officiating suck or what.

Which leads to the state of officiating in all major sports. It seems to me that the athletes and the speed of the games have passed the ability of the officials to keep up. We saw it during the NFL play-offs, the World Cup refs have been horrible, particularly in the US-Italy game, and NBA and College BB games are being reffed way too inconsistently and outcomes are far too often decided by these lousy refs. Why do we have sixty-five-year-old men officiating games played by 25-30 years old? This definitely should not be about experience, it should be about capability. Get some 30-40 year-olds and lets get this corrected.

The weekend at the tables was profitable but man what could have been. Friday at the Red Rock I got caught and stacked by someone who limped with pocket aces into a six way pot and then stacked again when three of us got all our money in after the flop with my two pair A-K over A-Q and 6-6 only to see a 6 on the turn.

I grinded back and finally won a monster pot when I set an awesome trap on some super aggressive lady. She was raising everytime she had Ace-rag no matter the position and she had trouble laying down hands. She had just made a seat change and moved to the seat immediately to my right which was perfect.

I was in the SB and she was the button. UTG+1 made it $7 to go and got four callers until my lady friend made it $20 to go from the button. I had K-K and after thinking about raising it then and there I decided to try and trap and just called. Three of the other five also called so the pot was $92. Flop came 6-3-3 and I checked to see the betting and also because I knew this lady would bet no matter what happened before her.

It folded around to her and she bet $20. Now that bet had weakness all over it and unless someone was slow playing a set I was looking to be in good shape. I check-raised it to $100 and everyone folded around to the lady who thought for a good two minutes and called.

Turn was a 10 and the board was rainbowed so no chance for any flush to kill me so I really believe that this lady can't lay her hand down and from her past betting no ways she had A-A so I pushed all-in for $152. So she thought again and finally called and turned over A-Q.

Can you believe it Ace freakin' high? I showed my Kings, river was a rag and I got paid. Then in what might have been the quote of the month she said to me, "Well I was right I knew you didn't have the 3 or 6 after the flop." That's correct ma'am I didn't have the 3 or 6 after the flop.

MGM Saturday was a good session that could have been much sweeter if I didn't have my Q-Q rivered by 9-9 on a three-way all-in. The play there was awful as usual so I was able to grind my way back and have a profitable session.

I'll say it again, if you have any skills at Poker and you have a chance to get to Vegas especially on a full-time basis I suggest you do it immediately. The players/tourists are terrible and the money to be won here in the cash games alone is amazing. Now I know many people have families that they can't uproot but if you don't have any kids and you don't absolutely love your job get your ass out here.

10 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger jjok said...

Go Mavs?????

hahaha

I'll be moving in there in a few days.....oh wait, I DO have a family. Jealous that you get to do it every day, but I'm very happy being a daddy to the greatest kids in the world.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

I thought I had the greatest kids in the world?

Still, D, you play a crucial role for we vicarious-minded types.

Oilers and Heat...teams of Destiny this year.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Great game last night big guy! It's gotta feel good being just one game away...though I do see the Mavs maybe pulling one out in Game 6. Is D-Wade redickulous or what? That guy definitely is the closest thing to Jordan since Jordan. Don't give me any of this Kobe Bryant shizz.

Great hand btw with the old lady. I love finding someone who can't lay down a hand, and exploiting their weakness repeatedly. I did it in the blogger championship this weekend even...talk about a donkfest. That thing had more fish than Pokerstars dumped into the Pacific Ocean.

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

Last night's game was very exciting to watch. I don't care who wins (Bulls fan) so I am glad each game is so close.

Congrats on the cash game success. So did you notice the same dynamics of your table at Red Rock like our trip last week ? Somewhat tight (rock locals) with a couple donators ?

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

it's been so long since the Mavs won a game in this series, i think they've forgotten how to win.

ya, unfortunately you're gonna have to stomach some suckouts to the tourists. you gotta love players who can't fold and like chasing their overs. ez money.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Raveen said...

hahha miami dont tempt me i might be on the next flight to vegas tomorrow......yea man i had a fun weekend even without the winnings that was just a bonus.......and a thing about making fun of people who call you with Ace high i know how it feels considered i rocked my 3 outer....nice to see you bounced back though there is no way with a lady in there i would just called though i would isolated right away but thats personal preference.....gl at the tables

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger DP said...

damn dude... that is so sick... ace high, lol.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I am on my WAY!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Thirsty said...

Ok i now have to quit my job and move to vegas.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

I gots to get me to da Vegas! Ace-high? Freaking sick man! Nice job on the trap. Looking forward to July, amigo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home