Tuesday, June 27, 2006

MATH Fun

The plan was for Carmen and I to head to the MGM and get in some live action at the tables. Well I slept until 1pm, Monday is house cleaning day, why I don't have a cleaning service is still a mystery but anyway, and Carmen had a few errands to run. So we cleaned the house, she ran her errands, we ate some awesome Thai food, and decided to play the MATH. Good decision on my part.

My last blogger event, RAZZ doesn't count, was the WWDN Not last Thursday where I finished 2nd to the ever lovable Waffles. Tonite I did one better and took down first in MATH. Actually Ski and I decided to chop first as we were virtually even when we went Heads-Up but we played it out anyway. I beat him when we got all our money in on the turned after I flopped a flush to his two pair. He and I had some big battles throughout the tournament with more than a few isolated raises and re-raises when there were still two tables left but I guess I got him at the end.

He nearly crippled me when we were on the bubble, as I tried to bluff him off his JJ with 77 but he called and I was wounded. But I've become a very good short stack player lately and most all of my final tables and near misses in blogger events are when I've been short stacked. I really feel my cash game experience has been productive on my short stack play because it allows me to be extremely patient and not force pushes.

I got lucky on a three-way all-in when I pushed A-4 and hit a straight to beat Sox Lover's set of 3s. After that I re-raised all-in with AQ and beat A9 and re-raise with AK and beat A6. That got me back in contention and I got my break when I called Sox' raise with 7-6 heart from the blinds. The flop came 5-6-7 and Sox pushed all-in with top pair. My two pair was good and I went from possible Bubble boy to 1st place.

My tournament strategy has been to play tight but play extremely aggressive when I do play. I mix in some timely bluffs and last night it seemed to work. Now I occasionally bitch and moan about tournaments but deep down I really love them. Now from a profit standpoint I'm not straying from the cash games because they are my bread and butter but I do have this love/hate can't let go thing with the freaking tournaments. I see Hoyazo and Smokkee hitting the big dollars on the tournaments and it certain whets my appetite.

So my thoughts are I'm going to play in some of the SnGs, which I fucking hate, on Full Tilt, in order to win some tokens for the higher pay-off Tournaments. That mixed with the blogger events should give me my fill of MTTS. I've also decided I'm going to try and satellite into some of the WSOP events. I'm going to take some of my current and upcoming live winnings and see if I can't at least get a taste of the big time. There I said it. I'm going to make a small commitment to the Tourneys but not at the expense of my cash games.

Looks like the Blogger Sunday night cash game is going to become a regular event so maybe some of you MTT players can come to our field and put your talents on some real money. It's only a $25 buy-in but its a tough aggressive game. Heck come and see if you can stack Waffles that's worth $25 in itself.

That's it for now. Stay profitable.

11 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger cc said...

Congrats on the sweet victory! About to hit the sack at the Bellagio, then head to Rio tomorrow morning. Hope we can connect some time this week.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Fuck! (this is the one blog I KNOW I'm good to swear my head off in the comments section)

Just Fuck!

Sorry I missed it bro. I was so tilted about those Aces getting cracked after I had sat back and let blinds run through TWICE (ala YOU), that I just couldnt bear to look at the tables.

Awesome Finish! And I love this idea of looking at tourneys as a small but potentially massive profit center, just not the be-all of your game. If Eric is right about these things, you will be deadly in those satellites.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

HA! the temptation of big tourney payouts and WSOP glory. welcome to my nightmare.

nice takedown last night.

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

Congrats on the big win, nice payout too.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger StB said...

Good job. Great read on my bluff.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

great job last night, I did an annonmous peak in when you were in 5th and down to $3 i chip; nice comeback.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Let me guess without even seeing the hand.. umm.. Sox had.. KK?

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Raveen said...

nice job man

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

don,

i've posted a combined team challenge for DADI on my blog if you're interesting in donating. LOL

www.smokkee.blogspot.com

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

dude!!!!

hook us up with sum WSOP updates? i'm reading all over the blogsphere, the satellites/cash games are juicy there. hopefully, you're their now rolling out your wheel barrow full of donkey cash.

i'm gonna be there for two weeks during the main event. i may never leave the Rio.

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

Thanks for playing in The Mookie last night. I enjoyed the cash game afterwards too. You guys need to figure a way to get both of you at the cash table at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home