Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mookie Odds




Tonite is everyones favorite that's right it's the Mookie. I'll be catching the action before heading down to the MGM to meet the lovely Carmen SinCity after her first day at the new gig. Of course it's back to the live cash action in the hopes of adding to the bankroll.

I had a blast in the WWDN last night playing at the same table as my boy Waffles. We talked major shit and I tried a new style of poker, hyper aggressive. Man when that style works it works in a big way and when it doesn't work its a straight free fall from first to worst. Although the more I play the more I learn about aggression now it's time to work on harnessing it. Right Waffles?

Okay no great stories to tell today so I'm going to set the line directly from here in Southwest Vegas.

World -220
Austin +200

O/U Austin Final Table 2.5

O/U Total Players 51.5

Waffles to Repeat 20:1
Hoyazo or Smokkee to win 8:1

Odds to Last Longer

Battle of the Bedroom
Mookie -160
Mrs Mookie +140

Battle of the NBA Finals
JJOK -140
Miami Don +120

Battle of the Big Money
Hoyazo -110
Smokkee -110

Battle of Cleveland
Hacker 59 -160
Iakaris +140

Battle of the Girlie Chat
Garthmeister -150
Sox Lover +130

Battle of the Girlies
Jules -170
Katitude +150

Canadian Battle
Mungo36 -155
Fishy McDonk +135

Battle of the Luckboxes
RoccoBoxer -180
Xanthius +160

Battle of the Sirs/Surs
SirWaffles -120
Surflexus -Even

Battle of Baltimore
Presdlee -110
Kaellinn18 -110

Battle of East Coast West Coast
DrewsPop -160
Darval +140

8 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Since I never do any sports betting, I'm not all that familiar with lines. I tried to do a Google search to find a page explaining them, but I didn't really have any luck. Can you give a quick rundown on what the +/- and the numbers stand for? I'm familiar with the Over/Unders, so you don't have to worry about that. Thanks!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger jjok said...

+120 means a $100 bet will win you $120

-120 means you have to bet $120 in order to win $100.

Right Don?

Great line for us Don!!!!! HAHAHAHA

Go Mavs!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

So then with -120, you'd be putting $120 on the line, and if you win, you get your $120 back plus $100? And that means that if the line is -120/+140, the team with the -120 is favored to win?

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

Awesome !! the only one that I know of that might not be good is the one with darval since he is out of town.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

That's right Matt...

In your example, if you bet the favorite you would have to pay $120 to win $100 ($220 total if you win). If you bet the underdog, you would have to pay $100 to win $140 ($240 total if you win)

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Cool, thanks Mook!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Aggression works man. Just make sure your the aggressor.. I did not want to go up against you last night even though I knew you were full of shit half the times you raised..

I need to learn my lesson. CJ was full of shit raising a million times. I had a decent stack and decide to stand up to him with A7s. Not a good idea. Put the pressure on. Do not call. Even if I was ahead to his k3 I am not far ahead.. One day I will learn.. heh. See you tonight.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

anyone paying attention last week will know that I'm money in the bank...PJ's bank in all likelihood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home