Monday, June 12, 2006

Sahara Tournament

Quick update since it's 3:30am pst and I have to get up early to play in the Caesars tournament.

Carmen and I met up with Mookie and the Austin crew last night for the Sahara tournament. What an awesome group of people! As always it was like meeting up with good friends that you know and love but haven't seen in person for a while. Mookie and his wife Mrs. Mookie even had some gifts for us upon our arrival which was so very nice.

Well no luck at the tournament which had a starting field of 127 players. With about 50 players left the blinds got out of control and we got into that stupid push fest mode which I can't stand. If you get through this period and get rid of all the small stacks you can play poker again when it gets down to the final 20 or so but if you get unlucky it's to the rail.

I was pushing and stealing about twice an orbit and got myself back into contention but I ran JJ into QQ and my night was over and I went out in about 30th place. We had a last longest bet which Mookie won by making it one hand longer than Carmen. They came in like 25th and 26th. Sorry to let all you bloggers down but hopefully we can do some damage tomorrow at Caesars.

Carmen will have some pics up in the morning but I'll leave you one of Rocco Boxer, myself, and Mookie.

4 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Hey, sounds like a good time. Good luck in the tourney today.

One last thing, tell Rocco to lose the Yankees had. No wonder you had no luck ;)

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

rip it up at Caesars fellas!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Good luck at Caesar's, guys. Since this was the site of Chris's recent great performance, hopefully there will be some more mojo there for you all as well. Can't wait to hear the updates.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Expecting news shortly of a major takedown...remember to tell mookie and rocco it's one win PER blogger minimum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home