Thursday, June 15, 2006

This and That

First off Congrat to Hoyazo for his run to the WSOP last night. I had the privilege of railing him through the final two tables and I got to see him actually qualify for the seat here in Vegas. Awesome job Hoy!

Carmen and I had lunch with Mookie, Rocco Boxer and the rest of the Austin Crew at the Red Rock. Mookie and I then got in some 1-2NL action and both of us made some quick cash playing with a table full of absolute donkeys. It was also nice that anytime a donkey busted another donkey took his seat, truly amazing.

Speaking of the Red Rock Poker Room, I ran into a kid there when Carmen and I played on Saturday who I knew from the MGM but hadn't seen him in a while. He told me he was playing daily at the Red Rock and he was making good money. Now I had heard the Red Rock was full of tight locals because its the only room on the west side of town but I think I may have found another room to hit. The table Mookie and I played on was horrible and the kid who happened to be there again, who was a 1-2NL player at MGM, was pimpin the 2-5 table. I'll let you know how soft the games are here as I'll start mixing it up some. I might be able to get my feet wet at the 2-5 here also.

I again played with a short stack all night during the Mookie and made it to 10th before losing a race with T-T vs A-Q. Oh well. Congrats to Smokkee for taking it down. I had the always entertaining Iak at my table most of the night and got to listen to some good mother-in-law tilt stories and for what seemed like the 100th time sat on the right of Eric and battled much harder than I needed to going after each others blinds. I wish I could say it fun Eric and I can, it was fun.

Meeting Mookie at the MGM for a bit tomorrow before his flight back to Austin so I'll probably try to log get 5-8 hours at the table while taking some time off for the Heat-Mavs Game 4. Momentum baby. Heat roll and even things up.

5 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

I missed it last night, obviously. I got home after a bunch of beers and was head bobbing too much. I was asleep by the kick off.

Bummer getting old.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger jjok said...

Heat won't roll.

No.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

yeah D, had to go get her at midnight! not a happy camper - but she's a sweet little old lady, so what're ya gonna do?!

Never mind Heat/Mavs...focus your attencione on Oilers/Canes! Now THAT's a real man's game.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger cc said...

So many poker rooms, so little time...

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

I have to admit, I was turning the knife a little harder the other night, because I know it is only a short matter of time that you will be on my right, wearing a tee shirt that reads, Payback is a bitch".

It was a fun night, still perplexed on how I can play solid for 90 minutes, and then make that stupid, evil 666 bet at the end, just for laughs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home