Wednesday, June 14, 2006

WWDN and Live Mookie Action

How does a chump like me finish the WWDN in 3rd place? It's easy.

B-7
0-69
N-33

Right JJ? Fabulous Game Three BTW. Those Mavs got the tight ass in those last six minutes. It should be a real war Thursday in another must win game for the Heat.

During the WWDN last night I was in last place from 48th to 12th when I doubled up and got over the bubble. I was card dead all night with my best hand being JJ and the only other pocket pairs I got were 9-9, 4-4, and 2-2. BTW Duggle sometimes when I whine for a minute I go on a mini-roll which almost happened.

Here was the strategy; Patience. I folded and folded and picked my spots carefully and the only bet I made for the last two hours was all-in. Fortunately I didn't run into any better hands until I was eliminated. The amazing thing was I only got called twice all night on my all-in bets and I was leading on both occasions and my hands held up.

Being so card dead I really only went all-in in late position and every single time I went all-in until the final table I was first to act. So I neither called nor re-raised any bets. Twice I folded A-J and once I folded A-T to raises before me. Other than that I picked my spots and fired. Amazingly enough it worked. Other players got tangled up and got railed while I sat back lurking in the shadows waiting to make some moves.

Tournaments still blow but I love all the smack talk and no way I'll stop playing these blogger events no matter how frustrated I ever get.

It was also nice that some of the cool kids from my crew railing me at the final table. Congrats also to two more of my crew making the final table with Iakaris finishing in 7th and the ever present Hoyazo finishing in 9th. Hey Iak well played my man, you made the right moves at the right time and impressively you took your foot of the gas when you needed to. If not for that horrible beat when that dude hit runner runner for a double gut shot to beat them bitches and you might have been the Champion.

Looks like I'm going to miss the Mookie tomorrow night because Carmen and I are meeting Mookie and the Austin crew at the Red Rock for some day time action followed by a trip downtown to either Binions or the Plaza tomorrow night. So while you guys are playing in the virtual Mookie I'll be seated across the table from him live and in real time.

Yes I know it's tough to be me playing live poker nearly everyday but do know that Carmen and I actually had to set the alarm for 11am today so we could make our spa appointment at the Red Rock. Some pampering and side-by-side massages make for a better poker game, with or without cards.

Float resumes, put those houses on the market, pack up the families, and get out here to Vegas and live the dream. No excuses just do it.

5 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Poor baby, that must be rough getting up at 11am man. Too bad you can't be me -- wthout exaggeration I haven't set an alarm one time since having our first daughter 2 1/2 years ago. She is up like clockwork every single day by 6am at the latest. Ahh it is so wonderful thinking of all the electricity I'm saving not having to set that alarm to go off every morning.

Nice work last night in the wwdn of course. I didn't get a single pocket pair above 7s all night, no AK and only one AQ. That I was still alive past the first few spots is still a miracle to me. But way to go in hanging on till the end man.

Enjoy playing live with Mookie and Carmen tonight. I will try to make the virtual Mookie but it won't be the same without you all there.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Great job, you rat bastard.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Thanks D, your run was impressive through and through - when you left our table for the monster stacks, I thought they'd push you out in short order. As for me, I got my share of good fortune, so have no complaints. Will soldier on in your absence at the Mook tonight.

And yeah, those of us with the 6:30 sharp biological alarm clocks feel no murderous jealousy to any of you sleeping in until 11 A Effin' M. None at all.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

ya, tuf job you got there Don. lucky sucker.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger DuggleBogey said...

I hate the cosequences of the theory that whining is actually good luck...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home