Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cry me a River

Let's start with



Is that beautiful or what? How about this?



Too bad I bubbled when my AT ran into T9 and I lost to runner runner runner flush again. It was clubs this time instead of spades. What's up with the brothers yo?

I tried one of those coin flip things early on in the Mookie and my TT ran smack into the Bracelet's AK. Did you hear that ladies? What are these coin flips and why do we attempt something that is a coin flip? Help me out here cash game players. I like 80% or better myself.

Ok I whined about my MTT unsuccesses so I played a token SnG on FT. If MTTs are bad enough SnGs are like pulling fingernails off with pliers. It was a $6 non non non non turbo and it only took 115 minutes to finish in the top four and win a token. You'll be happy to know two nails remain but I heard they grow back quickly in the desert heat.

So back to cash games. I sit in a FT $100 buy-in and just as soon as I do my boy JJ hits the rail. Remember I bitched about not hitting sets? Well I hit a set of 9s on a board of 9-T-J and we get all our money in and guess what, my opponent turns over QK. Well variance says it's my turn and the river is another Q and my full house is good.

I hit another set in the first orbit and it holds up and I take down two pair for another nice pot. Then in hand ten I get another set of 8s on a board of 7-8-9. Dude leads out with $4 into a $5 pot and I re-raise to $12. Next homey goes all-in for $65. It folds back to me and after going into the tank I lay down my set. Good thing as dude had the JT for the straight. Nice lay down sir.

Within another orbit I catch two pair and get put all-in. I make the call and beat a pair of Aces and take down another big pot with my 8-6. Wow twenty minutes and I'm up $200. I lose with bottom two pair to top two pair but I get out cheap and only lose $50.

SnGs- 2 hours 1 token
MTTs- 20 minutes (-$11)
Cash- 1 hour +162.20
Bloggers in Vegas- Priceless

Thanks for all your help but it looks like my question was answered.

SnGs are for donkeys, MTTs are for egos, Cash Games are for players. Be a player and not a hater. Right Iggy? And don't be afraid to Brand boys and girls.

Also don't forget Miami Don bobble head night coming to stadium or arena near you.

8 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Raveen said...

hey im on fulltilt now for a while too whats ur screen name on there im rspr41 hit me up my aim if u got it is rspr41 too....i agree most tournement pro's couldnt make it playin in cash games with the exception of a couple....cash games are for the real players

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

Hey Don, sorry I was a douche, again about the blinds. That is my game, raise a raise, defend and steal blinds. It typically works until you get near the bubble and finnaly run into a hand.

Anyway, what are your plans to come to the east coast. let me know which event you are eyeing up. I know Chris and Hoy are thinking of playing, maybe Jordan, I haven't heard from waffles...

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I am game.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i don't bother with the $6. sng's. they take too long. i only play the $8 turbos. they rarely last over an hr.

how many times have you been down $162 in less than hr at NL cash games. that's less than a couple of buy-ins at .5/1. i think a lot of cash players are going broke with AA against two pair w/6-8 unless he limped.

as far as taking coin flips in an MTT. i'd rather take a coin flip early with a chance to double up and punish the shorter stacks early than fold fold fold into mediocrety getting pushed around by biggies. TT is a good hand to go to war with in a tourney if you have a decent read on your opponent.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

I'm with Smokkee on the $8 turbos...much less painful. Love those two screen shots. The cash games are fun, but I've never had a deep enough bankroll to invest serious time in them. When I'm running good, my cash results are far better than the MTT/SNG side. On the other hand, the downswings in cash are more brutal. Me thinks the key is working on consistency in my game. Either way, you've got your preferences. Be consistent and you should do just fine.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

I ordered my Miami Don Bobblehead, I heard waffles ordered 3, he plans using them as voo-doo dolls.

I say play the same 3 games again tonight and see if the results are the same, my cash game is all over the f-in place, sometimes I sleep better after donking off 2 hours for a token than the ups and odwns of cash. Don't get me wrong, I'm almost strickly cash these days.

Oh, and melinda says coin flips are for faggots.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

amen, brother.

cash games for dough.
tourneys for show.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Huge Junk said...

If it's any consolation I lost a race in spectacular fashion and shut down before the hand was officially dealt.

Plus, while typing this out I had my table's window pop up and I witnessed the flop of KKx, which is exactly the flop that f'd me last night. Some higher powers are laughing their asses off right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home