Friday, July 28, 2006

Pimp My Ride

Damn I haven't blogged in a few days I guess I'm getting lazy. The dog days of summer have brought my pulse rate to a nice even 44 and my blood pressure is probably hovering around 90/50. Those are good numbers right Iak?

Played in the Full Tilt $20K last night and made it just over two hours and went out in 133rd. Too bad only the Top 108 paid. Oh well I'm learning to advance without cards. My stack got too low and with so many big stacks it was find a hand and push. I finally got 55 UTG and pushed hoping for a double but got called by AQ who hit a Q on the turn and an Ace on the River.

Also I grinded out a win playing cash after nearly being stacked within the first 15 minutes. I didn't reload and I put myself on a mission to get back to even so I played position and I bluffed at scary boards and I fought my way back.

I've been card dead and catching tough breaks for much too long lately which of course sucks but I really think its going to help my cash game in the long run. Because of this I'm working on playing in position, I'm working on my reads, I'm figuring out who to try and isolate, and I'm learning how to time my bluffs.

Through this card slump I'm still winning which makes me excited to see what I can do if I put a nice run of cards together. Hopefully my game will be diverse and I'll be a tough read which should bode well at the $2/5 NL table.

Smokkee hit Vegas last night so it looks like we're going to hit up MGM for some cash games as well as playing in the Caesars tournament and getting out to Red Rock. Looks like another ride in the $10 Mini-Van.

Hey since this is such a lame post here's a list of bloggers who have ridden in the famous $10 Druggie Buggy.

Carmen
Iak
Waffles
Chris
Smokkee and the Love Elf
Hoyazo
Weak and Mrs. Weak
Kat
Jules
Stakik

Someday maybe you too can go for a ride. And speaking of rides this is how Bobby Bracelet really rolls.


8 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger jjok said...

I told you not to post a picture of my car.

You never listen......

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

You need to get some spinners on that thing, jjok.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Sweet ride JJ, but nothing compares to the slick stylin's of the Buggy. Ah the atmosphere of over-indulgence and reckless rockstar abandon...

It just needs big dice, D. Vegas style.

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

See I thought you had to cash in a Vegas tourney to take a ride in the Buggy...I'll be sure to get a ride next trip.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger katitude said...

ooo...now that's funny.

Hear that, gentlement? (shamelessly stealing and paraphrasing)

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

Not to be forgotten anytime soon. What a smooth and comfortable ride it was.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Jules said...

Hey, I'd never knock the Buggy! Especially when the driver doesn't even need to look forward to keep it in control :)

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

Thanks for playing last night D....I'm going through withdrawal though, no new post from you in a few days...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home