Thursday, August 31, 2006

What Happened?

Yes, I'm alive and well and I'm back home in Vegas. I spent four days in St. Louis visiting with my family and I had a blast. Okay I'm Miami Don but I did in fact grow up in the St. Louis which is such a wonderful midwestern city. Unlike most of you home boys and girls this was my first trip back home since 2000 when my brother got married.

One of the benefits when I lived in South Florida is everyone seemed to like visiting me there which made going home not too high on my list. That and the circumstances of my leaving St. Louis to begin with and you can see how it all makes sense. Anyway it was a great trip and I was able to enjoy some time with my family and clear my head from poker and life in Vegas.

So eight days off from poker and man was it much needed. I decided to make my restart at last nights Mookie and did I start off rusty. I butchered a few hands in spectacular fashion and before I knew it I was once again on the short stack. Fortunately I'm a decent shorty and I made my way from last to first within the last half hour before the second break.

How you ask? Well I won my coin flips. There is no other way to climb from worst to first than to win coin flips and keep on doubling which is what I did a few times. Once we got to the final five and into the money we decided to chop the last Mookie on Poker Stars five way. I'm the one who initiated it and since we were all fairly equal in money it made sense to not leave our fate in the hands of the suck-resuck know as River Stars.

I'm glad the Mookie is moving to Full Tilt and I can only hope the other blogger events follow. Now I know live poker is rigged unlike online poker but one week ago I moved 95% of my money off of Stars for a variety of reasons mainly I think they got too big for their britches. Did I really type that?

Change is good and nobody should be afraid of it. Anyway I just wanted to drop a short note and let everyone know I'm still around and that I'll be blogging much more frequently as I fight off the summer doldrums and start playing live on an near every day basis.

9 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous bingo websites said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger DuggleBogey said...

I'm with you, Don. There's something about Stars....

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

I take half credit for re-igniting Mookie's decision to move the Mookie. Next on my agenda is DADI, where Trip, J and G will sit down at a round table with me in a secluded bunker and negotiate the fine points.

Stars can be tough on the nerves. Nice people, great organization. Fuzzy math.

Good to see you're alive and well.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

You were mean spirited last night, and I was,....a squid, aka no back bone.

It was fun to have the roles reversed, if I could of only drawn a single hole card to stand up for my rights....Next time.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

SatanStars blows!

welcome back.

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

Welcome back ... was starting to miss not seeing you or Carmen at The Mookie. Tell her to quit working so much.

Great job last night, looking forward to the move to Full Tilt next week.

Iak is right, he can claim half as can you...the other part goes to the fact they really stepped up with getting the Tanner tourney setup.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Good to have you back, Don.
Love that first comment over there, I totally agree with what he has to say.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Don, great to have you back. And I'm sorry to see that the freaks have found a way around the word verification. Me, Speaker, and a few others have been hit recently. Sheesh. Anyway, see ya out there.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger telaat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home