Thursday, August 17, 2006

Yes Finally

Perhaps I'm back?

I got a text from a blogger who shall remain nameless that said he was at the Red Rock. Well I had a 5:30 appointment at the salon, yes salon not saloon, and I had been planning on playing in the Mookie which we all of course know is the finest MTT around, when alas the salon called and said can you come in right now?

Well thankfully it was 3pm when they called and I had just gotten out of bed and showered so I said certainly and rushed to brush my teeth, collect my money, kiss Carmen goodbye and hit the door a runnin'.

I got my hair cut and done up with enough product to make this dude happy and I then buzzed up the hill to the Red Rock. Some other blogger chick was there too and we all enjoyed a soda pop and had a nice conversation for an hour or so.

My new friends left so I decided to sink my teeth, wow teeth twice in one post, into the 1/2NL game. I was fortunate enough to catch the last seat at a newly opened table which is beautiful since we all started with equal stacks.

Anyway I played for seven hours, had a blast with some of the people at the table, and left with over $700 to the good. The table was tight at times and loose at times and all I did was play the opposite of the particular table flavor. Lots of steals and bluffs when the table was tight and a couple of nice flops when the table was loose was good enough for me to steamroll it.

Let's hope I'm back on track and I can put another long winning streak together.

Enjoy your commutes to work as I get ready to get my eight hour nap. BTW how the hell did Xanthius win the Mookie? Fuck it must be rigged.

9 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger DuggleBogey said...

rushed to brush my teeth, collect my money, kiss Carmen goodbye and hit the door a runnin'.

Carmen is paying you now? You, sir, are my idol.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Raveen said...

nice good job on the session and glad to see u've recovered from your slump only knew it was a matter of time

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous mookie99 said...

Salon ??? You mean barber right ? Ha...just kidding...I go to a salon too.

Congrats on the success at the Red Rock. Very nice. Missed you at The Mookie, but you gotta love cash games.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger slb159 said...

He wouldn't have won it if you hadn't sucked out on me anyway. I was on the verge of dominating the tourney, but you ended my hopes and dreams. I'm still crying.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger slb159 said...

Don't even know if I'll play tonight, since Tuesday night was just the start of something bad it looks like.
We'll see, if you're in, I might play.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger jjok said...

very nice sir. Nice to bust the slump!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Ah D, your pallid attempts to hide your jealousy of our north coast 60+ hour work weeks isn't fooling any of us.

No need to be jealous, you are always welcome to retire from thos derelict ways and move to Buffalo with me, where the weather is a work of art.

By Dali, sadly, but there ya have it.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

ya, it wuz Marxst last week and Xanthius this week. the moons must be misaligned.

the "best" play i saw Xan make all night was cold calling Jordan's 4x preflop raise from the BB with Q2o and flopping a boat against Jordan's pocket KK's. this busted Jordon at the final table. X wuzn't folding very often.

glad to see you're back in the saddle.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Jules said...

Don, we broke the evil streak together - sure enough your pep talk the other day led me to once again double up at $2/$5.

Who knows, maybe our respective variance dragons have flown off for sweeter pastures (damn, just reading Iak's blog, I'm still too lyrical).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home