Friday, September 08, 2006

Down Times in Miami

Well tough week for my Miami teams as both go down in flames during Prime Time action. At least in the NFL you know you'll get beat a handful of times during the course of the year so it's not so bad. The game was in the balance with six minutes to go and Pittsburgh came through down the stretch. I will caution the Steelers and anybody holding Willie Parker on their fantasy team; hes not meant to carry the ball 30 times a game. You better hope he holds up.

Exciting night on the virtual felt. Played $100 NL and after getting up to $190 I gave it all back with QQ against KK losing a $380 pot. I should have known. Between cash and MTTs I've run QQ into KK or AA like six times in a row. Should have folded that shit. On the bright side I jumped up to $200 NL and turned my $200 into $500 in about an hour and fifteen minutes. Found a loose table and got paid on my good hands. I'm going to stick with the $200 for a while and see how that game treats me.

Does anybody have any picks for the weekend? I started the season going 2-0 and I look to add to that this weekend. My first two plays are Missouri -8' and Colorado +2'. Just to set the record straight for those that might not know but the ' means half a point. I'm also leaning towards Army, LSU, and Oregon but so far nothing official on those. If I do get action on those games or any others I'll post them here before kick-off. I've also given the NFL card some time and I will have my choices, if any, up on Saturday.

Fuck I sound like a tout but I'm not. Just a happicapper looking to document and share picks with many of my gambling breathren. I have noticed that many poker players don't know the difference between a parlay and a teaser, neither of which I often play, so I look forward to seeing who handicaps the games along with me.

There are a lot of changes going on in my personal life and although I won't disclose any of the details at this point I will say that change can often times be good and that I'll sacrifice all else for happiness. Hope everyone out there is happy and stays profitable.

Let's pick some winner this weekend you geeks.

8 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Nice rebound at the cash tables. You playing much live lately or all online ?

I don't know crap about betting sports, so I'm glad you posted some of your picks.

Have a great weekend and hope things work out for you in your personal life.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Max said...

My NFL trifecta this week was PIT, PHI, and SEA.

Philly's the game I liked the most of the three, with the SEA pick being last for two reasons:
1. Super Bowl losers tend to tank against the spread as an opening day favorite the following season and
2. Being a Detroit fan most of my life I've been screwed by the Lions in many games, no matter which way I bet.

Then again, I'm just some random dude who found your blog surfing WPBT blogs.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger GoBucksIndy said...

Two Value picks of the weekend.

1. Buckeyes ML at Texas. (See first year QB vs. Veteran QB)

2. Giants +3.5 vs Indy...... Home Dawg on National TV + Colts will miss Edge much more than they think.

A good place to post picks and discuss with other educated handicappers is cappingthegame.com

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Shea Bailey said...

Don,

I am a buddy of george (surflexus) I give info on sports betting and picks on my blog daily. bthecloser69.blogspot.com(hold on just got raised) okay Im back, I dont bet the spread in pro football till after week four but I pick over/unders and you can see all of them and past results. If you have any questions email me bthecloser69@yahoo.com

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger D said...

Go Canes!

:)

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Hope all is well on yer end, I'll be in Toronto over the weekend, but will catch up with you next weekend.

And you guessed it, I have no clue what a parlay is, so feel free to enlighten the unwashed masses...

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

ya, stick to $200 NL dude.

Tina said put it all on "O-H-I-O!"

i'm probably gonna drop a hundy on that game and hope for the best.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Hope all is well. Not sure if you are getting my emails or if they go straight to junk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home