Thursday, September 14, 2006

Its Almost Time For Football & Survivor

My life is going through a transition that will see some closure at the end of the month so I'm trying to fight through the awkwardness of this limbo period. For weeks I've felt like writing for some sort of outlet but instead find myself playing poker, following pennant races,(damn Marlins bullpen) studying spreads, and basically withdrawing from most social interaction.

For me, being in limbo is difficult. It took me a lot of years but now I'm usually swift in finding solutions to problems and when that solution is somewhat slower than my liking, I became frustrated. Like most, at certain times I can be very lazy and a major procrastinator but when I do make up my mind to take whatever action is neccessary, I'm full speed ahead. This time though things are out of my control and I'm going to have to wait, to be patient, and to get through the unstable and unpredictable feelings, moods, and emotions of both parties.

Hey congrats to Smokkee, Hoyazo, and Iak for their continued successes at the large field MTTs.

My MTT game has some leaks. Lately I'm able to get around the bubble but I've either had too short of a stack and I push into AA or KK, or I have a decent sized stack and I make one very bad decision. Its frustrating but at the same time I don't play enough MTTs to get the real experience I need to consistently cash.

Believe it or not I've been playing a lot of SnGs and token races as I prepare to satellite into the big live events here in Vegas. I know a handful of players here that make good money playing one table SnGs and satellites and I hope to get that part of my game good enough to make money myself. Fuck I have a pocketful of tokens, I guess I need to start playing in more online events.

The live cash games continue to be profitable although I haven't played as much as I should be. Perhaps when my limbo period ends I'll be much more motivated to sit in the fishtanks here in Vegas.

I've been studying this weekends football card so tomorrow I'll post some hopeful winners. Man last weekend I got to the Red Rock bright and early Sunday morning and got a seat for the games. I was lucky enough to get a table with the individual TV so I could watch my game of choice while following all the other action on the big screens. There is nothing like watching football in Vegas at a nice Sports Book. The crowds, the cheering, the swearing, man it was awesome.

There was an interesting moment when San Fran down by 10 kicked a field goal with like 40 seconds left instead of going for the TD. Now I can see where the move made sense in that they needed two scores but the field goal gave San Fran the cover and 80% of the place was on Arizona. It even looked like a couple guys picked Arizona as a bailout game and they were crushed when the field goal went through. Don't bet football with money you can't afford to lose.

Speaking of wagering, I already placed a bet on Miami -6' over Buffalo. I'm 3-1 so far this year as I was smart enough to lay off the games last Sunday in which I would have gone 1-2.

Don't forget Survivor starts tonite. I'v always loved that show and this season's version they have enough balls to cross the stupid PC lines and divide the tribes along racial lines. I can't wait.

That's it for now. See you tomorrow with updates.

6 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Hey brotha. Transition is never fun, but you're gonna be fine. Fuck, I am an empathetic bastard.

To brighten yer day some good news - my next Vegas vacation is moving forward full steam ahead. I envision about two to three times a year from now on. What a degenerate!

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Hairy Carrot said...

I wonder what the line on the honkies winning survivor will be?

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Survivor was good.

I actually think they've avoided some racial issues by dividing the people via race.

Later in the game when the teams are all mixed up, people of the same race will gravitate towards each other. Now they have the excuse, "It's not because of race, we were just former teammates."

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Looking forward to your NFL picks today man. And to your limbo coming to an end, that sounds like it will be all good for you.

So you like my Eagles over the hated Giants in Philly, right? I can't believe the Giants are getting like 3.5 points on that one. I would have to take the Giants with that line, no doubt.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

Yeah man, where are the picks? I still have to get you that cash. Cao Boi rules! The asian are taking this one I think.

Good luck with the transition.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

ya, that niner game wuz effed up. cost me a $340 3-team parlay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home