Friday, September 29, 2006

Midnite Madness

I took the $10 druggie buggie in for service yesterday and they needed to order one extra part which took longer than expected so I didn't pick it up until after kick-off of the TCU-BYU game. Thankfully so. Since it was late I couldn't drive up to Red Rock to make my bet on TCU so I saved myself some money there.

After yesterday's ass pounding I stayed away from poker until about 8:57pm when I noticed the Midnite Madness event getting ready to go. So I said, "What the heck," and I signed up for the donkest.

Long story short I did rather well and was in 2nd with 26 left when I ran my AQ into AA. Luckily I was still in 14th after the beat and I played good aggressive POST-FLOP poker and got myself right back into contention. What is it with MTT push monkeys? Blinds are 1500/3000 and the monkey with T45000 wants to push instead of 3 or 4x and playing post-flop if need be. Nope they all push.

So I fight my way back into 6th with 15 left and I find QQ. I raise 3.5X get called and push the guy off of the King high flop. Very next fucking hand I get QQ and here are the results.



My read was the guy had the Jack and not the King and the Jack. Oh well KJ is a shit hand so congrats to him.

Not that its a big deal but here is my finish.



I haven't played enough MTTs but I'm going to grind some out and see if I can't final table then win on of the bigger guarantees on Full Tilt. I feel it.

Okay here are the lines and over/unders for Sunday's blogger Fantasy Football. Two games are off the board because coaches have yet to set their line-ups.

General Lee -6
Hornets 121

JJ -2
Waffles 110

Miami Don -3'
Mookie 113

Hoyazo 4
Non-Blogger 95

If Raveen and/or Surflexus update their line-ups I'll get those lines out. Bet at your own risk.

I'll be back on track Saturday with some winners.

5 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger jjok said...

1. Tournaments are for donkeys.

2 Giving Waffles 2 points is a joke.

3. Who are your NFL picks? I don't want to wait for Saturday.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

nice job.

i donked out of the 12k and Midnight Madness early last night but, managed to finish 15th in the 8k. sum guy with Ace-rag knocked me out. you should play that one. it's donkerific on the weekends.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Nice run in the midnight madness, Don. 15th out of 700-some is nothing to sneeze at, regardless of the actual dollar payout you got (I assume you got about $30 for your hours of efforts). If the damned poker sites would just man up and stop paying out 15-20% of the fields in these fishfests, there could be more real payouts for the deserving folk who actually finish near the top. Oh well, dream on.

Anyways, am I reading this correctly that I am getting 4 points against the non-blogger in our fantasy game this weekend? Is my team really that bad that I have to be favored to lose -- by a bigger margin than half the other games for that matter -- to the current worst team in our league? Is that really necessary, Don? Just because I mouthed off once in my trash talk and said I had one of the two best teams? Sheesh, tough crowd.

Here's to me kicking that non blogger's asshole this weekend. Fuck that.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Miami Don said...

Hoy, you're the favorite man.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Belated congrats D - wading through 700 people is fucking impressive anyway you look at it.

I predict that with your next rush you pull a Wes and tear down a big score in one of these soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home