Friday, October 06, 2006

20K and Weekend Excitement

Now this might not seem like too big of a deal but for a cash game player working on their MTTs I'll take it.



Last week 15 out of 772 in the Midnite Madness and now deep in the $20K. Iak said he's been feeling a final table coming on so I'm going to keep working at this and hopefully I'll get a nice taste. Thanks to Waffles and Hoyazo for their encouragement from the rail.

The MTTs are certainly a big change from the cash games I'm so used to playing. Fuck I've seen more check/raises in two weeks of MTTs than I've seen in a year in a year of cash games. Oh well the more I play the more I learn and I do think I'm to a point that I can shift gears between the two. Last thing I want is having these MTTs fuck up my cash games.

How about the Cardinals baby. I can't stand LaRussa but shrewd move starting Weaver on the Road in Game 2 instead of waiting til this weekend and starting him at Busch. Hopefully Suppan gets the job done in Game 3 and we get the order set for the series with the Mets. How much would the networks hate seeing an Oakland-St.Louis World Series?

I'm looking forward to a weekend of gamblilng and poker. Friday will be some $2/5 action at the Red Rock while I get in my early Saturday plays, Saturday I have some iron man action on Full Tilt followed by late afternoon games and $1/2 at the MGM, and Sunday its back to the Red Rock for the NFL. How good is fucking life man?

Hope you're all staying profitable.

8 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Max said...

Hey, don't sell yourself short, great job on the MTTs.

I find that playing a lot of MTTs does adversely affect my limit cash game, but only at first when I tend to look for the action more. Once I get past the initial boredom I can get back to work.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Congrats on the MTT success...very nice.

Good luck at the live tables this weekend.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger slb159 said...

Congrats.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Very well played, Don. You played that thing last night like a seasoned final table pro in the 20k.

And yes it's a very different game, cash games vs. mtt's. I don't like to think of either as "fucking up" the other for me -- it is just our job to make sure to adjust our play depending on which type of game we're sitting in. If you're going to play mtt strategy at a cash table, you're in trouble. If you're going to play cash game strategy in an mtt, you're not going far. You just have to play the right style for the right game.

Nice work man. One of these days I'll get back into the 20k and we can final table that biatch together. Really fun railing you on to success though.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

very nice don. keep at it sir...

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Holy Fuck. How the hell did I not know this was going on? I was on FT last night taking a shot at a 109 (terrible idea I won't bore you with).

Nice job dude! This is hilarious really, the question is no longer when will one of us take it down, the question is who.

Congrats, again, and sincere apologies for not taking my place at the rail.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

nice job don. i donked out 125th last night with AQs.

Ike is right. just a matter of time before one of us takes it down.

then, we'll be chasing the 200k.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger jl514 said...

Nice finish on the $20k. I found that to be a great MTT to play too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home