Monday, October 09, 2006

Blogger "Big Game"

Well what started as possibly being a $200 SnG has worked itself into the newest blogger MTT event. It will start on Sunday night October 22 and will be played every two weeks, opposite weeks of the WPBT.

Here's the dirt. There is no banner yet to promote the game but if anyone feels they would like to show off their banner making skills donations are excepted.

The Blogger "Big Game"
Sunday October 22
21:30 ET
Full Tilt
No Limit Hold'em
Double Stacks
$69 + $6 or a Token
password-- donkey

The game is already available for sign-ups. It is listed under Private Tournaments on Full Tilt.

Yes, you saw it right the entry is $75. Now that price is definitely higher than the entry fees of all the other blogger events, combined even, but there are many ways to enter for much less than the $75.

How you ask? Well by tokens. We talked about a $100 + $9 entry fee but decided on $75 so a token can be used. So for as low as $6 or $8 if you prefer turbos you can start with a Tier I token race and you can work your way up.

Also you can go straight to a Tier II token race for $26 where out of 18 runners they pay out five tokens.

Another possibility is a one table $12 SnG which pays one token. Heck during or after events like the Hoy, WWDN, Mookie, or the Not we could easily get nine bloggers together with the winner getting a seat in the "Big Game."

And for all you big ballers that regularly final table big MTTs or eight table $600NL then the $75 is not really a big deal at all.

So always being the optimist, hopefully we can grow the "Big Game" into a field of at least 30 which would make for a $2000 prize pool and would also allow for some serious bragging rights.

Spread the word, win those tokens and come out and play in the "Big Game."

9 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Great idea, Don. I am definitely in like Flynn.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

EEEEAAAAWWWWW

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger HighOnPoker said...

Very nice. I'll get to work on a banner!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger BrainMc said...

great, now I can blow all of my remaining bankroll on the only site that still lets me deposit. I may try the token approach. Thanks for putting this together.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Jules said...

Fantastic idea Don..unfortunately, I'm back at work next week which means all blogger tournies are out for yours truly....

I'll be following results closely however.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Rollo Tamasi said...

I have 3 $75 tokens already put aside on that site so maybe I'll join in the fun.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger 23skidoo said...

yay, I guess I need to re-deposit at FT...Its a good thing they're running a bonus.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger cmitch said...

I'll definitely play if I'm around. (we are out of town that weekend, but should be back in time)

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Donkeypuncher said...

This is a great idea. The nights the baby keeps me up, I'll be sure to work on capturing tokens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home