Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What a Game

Only to the fucking Cardinals. Well actually all you favorite players how much did you lose betting an away favorite and giving up 13 points?

I grew up in St. Louis, the undisputed best baseball city in America, and yes I love baseball and the Cardinals but my first love was easily the St. Louis Football Cardinals, the Big Red, the worst run franchise in sports history. I think it goes back to Bill Bidwell swindling control of the franchise from his brother Charley but kind of like poker just when you think you've seen it all, this current defeat happens.

I no longer have an alligence to the Cardinals as they broke my heart at age 22 when they packed up and headed to the desert. The local TV station continued to show their games for another couple years but my love was lost. Like a bad relationship time and time again they gave me hope only to let me down every single time.

Bidwell is the cheapest and worst owner in sports. It was rumored that he was so cheap each player was issued two pair of socks and they were to last for the season. If you need more replace then yourself. It's because of Bidwell, with his stupid bolo tie and his stupid sons, that the NFL has a minimum salary to go along with its maximum salary cap.

I thought I saw a team blow lots of games many different ways but this one takes the cake. Nothing like having a 23-3 lead, allowing the opponent team only 39 yards and no touchdowns the rest of the game yet lose. If I didn't see it myself I wouldn't believe it. Sorry to all you Cardinal fans out in Phoenix but you better get used to this. New Stadium, new coach, new Quarterback it doesn't matter, as long as the Bidwell name is attached to the Cardinals you can forget about it.

And for all you Bears fans, before you get your panites in a bunch and start comparing yourselves to the '86 Bears and start filming some god awful rap video you better take a look at that game film. Your offense sucks, your Quarterback is a huge question mark, and right now I've seen six teams that are better than your 6-0 squad. Don't forget I watch every single game every single week.

How about that brawl in Miami? Sorry but I loved it. See I'm not bound by any organization that prevents me from calling it like I see it, I'm not some oversensitive tree hugger that buys into all this political correctness shit, I can say what I want and I fucking loved it. I agree 100% with what Lamar Thomas said on the air, and although he's without a job now, I applaud him. What this pathetic going to shit country needs is some people with some balls to start stepping up and saying what they feel and not some prescripted horse shit that we all know is not true. Call a spade a spade and don't pretend it's something else, we not fucking stupid you know.

But hey my life is fucking wonderful and a lot of that reason is because I'm honest. What you see is what you get and I'll never again pretend to be something I'm not. Don't ask me what I think if you don't want to hear my answer.

I love living! Go Canes!

Don't forget Sunday.

7 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Falstaff said...

So I was watching this great college fight and out of nowhere a football game breaks out...

I'll be in Vegas Wed-Sunday of this week. Email me for phone numbers, let's get together for drinks/cards.

johnhartness AT gmail DOT com

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Great game last night, very exciting. Leinart looked good last night, sad they wasted the effort.

I agree with you...it's way too early for the 85 comparisons plus like you said, their offense this year is not good.

Urlacher is a machine though.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

eff the bears. the bolts are the real thing.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Always gotta go against me huh smokkee :)

I like the Horns...you like USC

I like the Bears...you like SD

I like women...you like...

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Poker Bully said...

Yes I am from Arizona and I have inherited you heartbreak.

The Cardinals wrote the book, 101 ways to lose a football game. They just came out with a 2nd edition and added another chapter.

The only thing that made me happy was cashing in 2 sit and gos while I was watching the game.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

lol.

You? Tell it like it is?

You jest.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

LOL mOOK. obv you got me confused with waffles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home