Friday, November 17, 2006

Iak is the Man

As most of you know since there were about thirty of us on the rail, congrats to Iak for his Final Table at the FTOPS Event #6. Well done brother.

Hey Pauly, it took some work but we picked up those chicks at the bar and although it wasn't twice at least we banged them once. Now Saturday we pick up those other chicks and we bang them at least once too to cap of the weekend. If we get them to we try again on Sunday? Did the rest of you get that?

Okay I left you hanging with those hands I posted the other day so here are the details.

#1 I saw the flop, hit top pair and got check-raised. Once he pushed the turn though I thought I was good. I really felt he was trying to push me off since he didn't like the King on the flop. Why else check-raise instead of lead out or smooth call my bet? Also I was pot committed on his turn push so no backing out now. He turned over QQ. Nice call Falstaff.

#2 Well since the stacks were all about $1000 I thought the push might be a little much so I re-raised it to $370. I was nervous doing so but if it's set-over-set so be it and if a donkey wants to chase a flush that hard bring it on. Everyone folded and I took down what I think was the maximum I could.

#3 Probably not a good way to play this hand but it was one of those instances where I played the player and not my cards. I called and turned over my J9 and the guys face dropped to the felt. He said, "Wow nice call," and he mucked. I'm guessing he had a small pair from the hesitation on the turn.

#4 I push and the fucker insta calls. You know what that means right? Yup 9T sooted and I get stacked. Yes I probably shouldn't have played it but when it hit I thought I was gonna get some of the guys stack. For those of you tighties out there, good players raise with any two cards, and they mix up their play and that's why IMO they're winning players. I notice its a lot harder for players to peddle nuts as I move up the ladder because the rocks never get any action when all they bet is AA, KK, QQ, and AK.

Don't forget about Sunday, get your tokens and get to the Big Game.

3 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger slb159 said...

I'll try to make it out to the big game, but only have one token left since I donked one off last night in the DADI...whooops.

Teir two's here I come. I'll try my best.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

No, YOU da man.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Dr. Pauly said...

Good job with WV!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home