Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's Good to Be Back In Vegas

After spending eight days in Florida, where yes indeed I had a great time, its nice to be back in Vegas. So nice in fact I'm going to head up to the Red Rock today for some $2/5 NL and to also throw some money on the Bengals -3 to whip that Raven ass. Sure beats making those virtual bets although I did make some cash playing an extremely soft $200NL game after busting out of both Mookies last night. Man is it me or has the level of player dropped on Full Tilt since Party went down?

Alright last chance to play the Big Game before the Bloggers invade Vegas. Get some tokens and come play.



I'm seriously thinking of making the Big Game a monthly event since the amount of players has dropped each time. The goal was to get 30 players every event and to have a $2000 prize pool with at least a $1000 going to first place. Is the entry too high for most people? Does everyone wait for the last minute to try for tokens? The Deep Stack format and entry fee will remain the same but some feedback on whether you think we should do this monthly or keep bi-weekly would be appreciated.

Hope everyone has been staying profitable.

10 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i'm sure it feels good to be home. especially, when you live there you lucky SOB.

i definitely noticed the 1/2 game was a lot worse than i remember it. even at 2/4 you see some donkified plays. but, not as often.

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally like the bi-weekly but I'm all for whatever can help bring a larger crowd.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

i like biweekly too D, but I am beginning to think you're right, and that once a month will mean bigger crowds.

eithah way...

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger HighOnPoker said...

I say you keep it 2 times per month, but just don't expect as big of a turnout. I like the fact that the Big Game is always right around the corner, even though its above my roll. If you want to change it up, have a Blogger Big Game Satellite every once in a while, where, for $24+2, bloggers can play for a $75 token. If you want to switch to one per month, at least use the Satellite to fill in the mid-month gap (i.e., two games per month, the Big Game and the Satellite).

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I love the idea of running a couple of weekly blogger tier II satellite tournaments, to help people qualify for the Big Game. Personally, I will play whether it's biweekly or monthly, but at that buyin level it can only help to make it a bit easier for the average player to get into the game.

See you Sunday.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger lucko said...

Running blogger token satelites sounds like a great idea.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

have you considered a $75 Roshambo BIG game while everyone's in vegas next weekend?

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of the event as monthly personally... that way I am not dissapointed that I can't play in each tournament.

Please continue to post some of your best football picks so we can profit off of your knowledge of the game.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definately agree, absolutely another excellent reason for people to stop fearing the big stacks... and to stop bullying the small stacks. Today I just have time to just passing thru and I think you have a great poker related blog here! I'm definitely going to put you in my favorites! It was quite useful reading, found some good/nice stuff in here. Thanks!
I have a Website site. It pretty much covers poker solutionrelated stuff and more than one opportunity.
Keep up the great work on your site :-

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger hunkston said...

I cant believe how popular bingo has become in the last few years! It seems like everyman and his dog is playing so I decided to give it a go, I originally went to the halls but after a while of not winning I packed that in and decided to do it at home and play some online bingo games instead. They were easier theres more variation and interesting people to chat to! The recent rise of online bingo, uk residents especially love it, is amazing one site has over 3 million members! Unbelievable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home