Sunday, November 12, 2006

Life is Good

Man I haven't posted in a while, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, if you count sports betting and poker as work. I do. During the week my life has consisted of two to four hours in the morning/early afternoon studying the games and the rest of the day playing live poker and weekends are spent with all day sessions at the Red Rock Sports book. Life is good.

Did anyone make the mistake of betting on Kansas City, Baltimore, and Denver this weekend? I had a break even Sunday with Cincinnati's collapse to San Diego costing me a big day. Home Dogs baby! They were barking all day Saturday and Sunday.

Poker has been been going well lately. Aaron was in town last week so we played a ton of poker bouncing between Red Rock, MGM, and the Venetian for some juicy $2/5 NL games.

For those who haven't been to the Venetian the room is awesome and the games are very juicy. The $2/5 game allows for a $1000 buy-in and is a mix of tourists and tough locals. It was nothing to see a $35-50 raise pre-flop with three to five callers seeing a flop. Although this game seemed like a step up for me from the usual $500 buy-in games I held my own and walked away a winner all three sessions.

I've played poker online twice in the last three weeks. With so much good live action here in Vegas I've been pushing myself to get in the hours live instead of being lazy and playing online. I played in the Big Game a week ago Sunday and played $50 cash with some fellow bloggers last night. Online just doesn't do it anymore especially now that I've given up MTTs pretty much for good. I like post-flop poker and I don't find much excitement playing push monkey pre-flop poker. Maybe I suck at it too who knows.

Oh my political two cents. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Democrats in charge of the House and Congress but thankfully the Great State of Nevada where I reside is still being run by Republicans. The rest of you can deal with the Democrats, good luck with that BTW.

Are there any odds on Bush getting impeached? I'll bet it if the odds are right.

In the be careful what you wish for department, lets hope we don't have a Democratic President along with a Democratic House and Senate. You complainers think things are bad now, fuck I can't even begin to think what that will be like. Hopefully we won't find out.

Speaking of tree hugging liberals, I was just reminded of a bumper sticker I saw in years past, or maybe it was a T-shirt.

Jerry's Dead
Phish Sucks
Get a Job

Too fucking funny. Are you really taking me seriously BTW?

Okay that was my long overdue update. I have some nice hand examples from games I was in that I'll post this week. In the meantime start pimping this again. Let's get at least 30 this week.

4 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Enjoyed our time time in Vegas and getting to have dinner with you guys.

Congrats on the live success you've had lately.

Can't wait to get back out there.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger jjok said...

6XBB with 5 callers....... wow.....

that would drive me nuts.....

Looking forward to the 08 elections.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i'm gonna have to check out the 1000 NL game next trip. we're staying at Venetian 12/8-12/9.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I put a dime on Oakland and the Under and teased it up. That was such an easy game to call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home