Monday, November 20, 2006

Wow Again

Holy Shit, take a look at this.



Max and I two-way chopped first for a nice cash with Budohorseman coming in 3rd. We had agreed to send the buy-in back to what would have been the 4th place bubble boy xkm1245 so unfortunately our true bubble boy was Pauly in the 5th spot. Well played but tough luck Pauly.

Thanks to the 17 players who made it out. This was an awesome event with an extremely tough field and basically we played a two table SnG but with Double Stacks. We saw a lot of good post-flop poker without all the push monkey business and it took two hours forty-five minutes to complete.

The banner needs to be updated but don't forget in two weeks we do the Big Game again. Start working on the tokens and join the toughest game in town.

On the sports front it was practically a wash as a couple of tight loses, including Ohio St., made for a what could have been weekend. Dallas saved the day though with their win against Indy to keep things manageable. That game was another prime example of "when a line looks to good to be true it probably is." The sports book was loaded with Indy players who must have thought, "Wow this is like free money," who were screaming pissed when Dallas pulled out the victory.

I'm off to Florida on the Red Eye tonite for an eight day Thanksgiving vacation. Let's hope for some nice weather so I can get some time at the beach and clear my mind for the run to the end of the NFL season and everybodys favorite time to make money the college Bowl Season. There will be no live poker but I will have computer access so I'll be able to play online and update the blog a couple of times too.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and most importantly made some money.

7 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Dr. Pauly said...

Thanks again for hosting, Don.

And congrats...

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Max said...

Congrats on the chop last night, I really didn't think I was going to have to 50-50 chop with anyone. Good showing at the final table.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger lucko said...

Congrats! Well done last night.

I was thinking the BBG might be better as a monthly tournament. Give people a little more time to win those tokens. Just a thought.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

WTG Don.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Nice work D!

Max played a great game (he was two to my left) and I busted to him trying to rep a flush.

Did you eventually tell everyone that it was actually me playing under your account?

I'm sure no one will care...

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Congrats on the finish...great job.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Raveen said...

congrads on 2nd place man nice job

 

Post a Comment

<< Home