Friday, May 04, 2007

Fight Weekend

I don't think I got above the starting chips in any of the three blogger donkaments this week. Tough to play with no cards and a table full of calling stations. I'm not happy that I fell to 2nd place but oh well I've played four less tournaments and there is still lots of time left.

Speaking of bloggers, why do some of you use dark backrounds with white fonts? It's unnatural and do you realize how hard it is to read that shit? Just a suggestion, you might want to look into other more reader friendly options.

I'm killing it betting baseball. If I can continue to have the successes I've had so far poker will become a hobby. I've said it numerous times before but I'd rather be a professional sports player than a professional poker player. It's going to be interesting to see how things turn out.

I got a tip on the Mayweather-Delahoya fight from a very reliable source. The brother of the Director of one of the Sports Books who has given 100% perfect boxing tips, including two +250 underdogs said, "The minute Mayweather goes under -150 bet it. Right now its about -180 but when all of the gangbangers from LA get here and start betting on their boy Delahoya the number should fall. It started at about -225 and so far the tip has been accurate as to how the line has fallen. Just something to keep an eye on.

I'll be back at the MGM trying to catch donkey dollars since it is fight weekend. I rarely play there anymore as its mostly a $1/2 house and most of my poker playing is at Bellagio or Venetian but I'll be logging long hours there all weekend. Avoid the mine fields, peddle some nuts and hope to have a hugely successful weekend.

What's up with this kid Waffles and his buddy Jeci? Would you two donkeys play each other already. I'll promote the fucking thing. Since the argument is about NL it only makes sense to play NL and not every other game.

Here's the deal if you both agree. (if you don't agree you're both pussies and you'll never live this down) $100 Head ups No Limit at the cash table. You both buy-in for the max $100. You play until one person has all the money or a two hour time limit whichever comes first. You do this five times. We'll keep score by money won. I'm sure we can get about 50 deep on the rail so get your nutsacks ready and step up or forever hold your head in shame. Are you in boys?

Have a good weekend, stay profitable.

7 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Im game.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Gnome said...

I'd love to see this fight (and all the smack talk that would result). Prop bets anyone?

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger DuggleBogey said...

I use a dark background and light (but not white) fonts. I like the way the comics and pictures stand out against the black background.

I don't find it tough to read at all, but I use pretty high quality equipment and probably don't get to see what it looks like on CRTs or low resolution very often.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger lucko said...

Post some baseball picks, share the wealth.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger jjok said...

Agree with lucko

no shit.....share the wealth.....


So are the tables gonna be ripe with the fight crowd in town?

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger StB said...

Close to the same vein as lucko, but I would be curious to know how you derive your selections (methodology) and what teams have added to bankroll as of yet.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger WindBreak247 said...

Amen on some of the blog color choices. I've got a pretty junky monitor at work that is made worse by the filter I have over it so people can't see what I'm doing, and some of these blogs kill me.

However, everything looks stunning on my new MacBook at home.

So whatever, really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home