Friday, May 18, 2007

Flushed

Alright let's see. Monday it was AA vs QQ all-in preflop and last night well, you decide. I think I played this hand to perfection considering my opponent I just got unlucky.

Blinds are 30/60 and I raise in MP position to 180 with Ad Ks. BB is the only caller. Flop comes Kc 9d 3d. He checks, I bet $325 he thinks then calls. Turn is a 7c. Pot is now $1040 and I have $50 more than said donkey so I jam all-in for $1600. Yes I pushed TPTK because my read had him drawing and sure enough he turns over the mighty Kd 2d. I get flushed on the river and instead of having $4K in chips at this early stage I'm done.

Just shows how timing can play a huge roll in MTTs. In both events I should have had big chip stacks compared to the table and I definitely start the bullying phase immediately but instead I go home early with no money and no points. Oh well, it's why 90% of full-time MTT players are not profitable.

I'll see everyone Sunday for the Big Game.

8 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger StB said...

Ever think you may have been too aggressive? If you bet 600 instead, your opponet may fold. If the draw hits (as you put him on) you can fold the river and still be alive. It is about survival. I would have to assume you had no read on the player, just the hand.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I actually like Don's move here. I think the 600 bet above is something I'm more apt to doing... the play it safe mode... which is why I'm a tournament donk... hell, just a tightish donk, period. I've seen a lot of people not being able to let go of a flush draw with a pair (esp top pair, admittedly no kicker) so that jam was actually the best move considering the caller can't even use the "pot odds" excuse to call.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

Why would you make that turn shove move in a tournament called "RIVER CHASERS" anyway?

You know you played it safely but correctly because you let a harmless turn card come 1st

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger DuggleBogey said...

You bet out with TPTK?

When are you going to learn to slow-play that monster?

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

you played this hand well IMO.

i want this donkey to call off all his chips as a 3-1 dog with 1 card to come. nice push on the turn.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Rav said...

the dude is an idiot being at least a 3-1 dog making that call for all his chips and u making him pay the maximum for that draw is the right play...

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

it's all about timing in nl, nothing more - nothing less.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Chad Carpenter (Yahoo IM: carchd) said...

You winning two tournaments is enough alone to convince me that tournaments are all luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home