Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Complaints

I'm back in Vegas but the work continues. I'm still wrapping up some Florida issues from here and hopefully I can enjoy a weekend of sports and poker without having to deal with any fires. There is a big transition going on there and I hope to everything accomplished by June 1, in time for the WSOP.

I was able to play the Mookie on Wednesday but thats been it as far as poker since I've been back. Shit, last night I fell asleep at 9pm so I guess I'm somewhat drained from working and a nasty sinus headache I've had for the past four days.

I've decided to make some new notes for the Blogger events. They will be very simple A and B type notes. A. takes these events seriously and is really trying to win or B. Complete donkey who is here for the social aspect or to bust someone playing shitty cards in hopes of a rant from Hoy, Waffles or myself. Most so far fall into the B category.

For instance, the hammer is, what I like to say so 2004. It's outdated, its a bad joke, and it's just not funny anymore. Do those of you who play it still get a kick out of turning over the hammer and showing everyone how smooth you are? Are those of you at the table impressed by someone else doing it, thinking wow he or she is smooth for playing the worst possible starting hand. I think what a jackass, I can't wait until all those chips get spewed across the table and I sure hope I get my share.

Also for those of you who don't know, KJ is a shitty chip eating hand. If you want to keep open raising that from early position or calling huge reraises with it, stop wondering why you never win anything, because that is a huge leak. Yes sometimes you get lucky but more often that not misplaying that crap hand results in either being crippled or eliminated.

I understand that playing poker for most is a hobby, that it's merely a few entertainment dollars and a chance to socialize with our invisible internet friends. Yes I get pissed when I go deep and get sucked out on or lose to a horrible play, and usually its nothing personal, mostly I have trouble understanding the different levels of competitiveness. But hey, I have the abilitly to learn, so who knows maybe I'll get better at understanding just as some of you might get better at poker.

That's it for my rant. Sorry it's not to the standards of my above mentioned super-rantors but it's all I have.

Enjoy the holiday weekend and stay profitable.

12 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

Good playing with you at the final table the other night at the Hoy. Definitely a tough group to run through...

Good luck with all your work stuff...I'm just finishing up my own 2 weeks of work hell...ready to do some drinking tonight...

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Wow - thanks for your expert opinion on good and bad hands. You should get paid for such an informational post. What did poker players ever do before you came along to share your wisom with the world?

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

Clearly you need some tips on how to properly rant so I thought I would offer some:

1) You need typos. To really capture that you are pissed and fingers are flying you need to have bad grammar and typos.

2) Timeliness - Mookie happened on Wednesday and you waited until Friday to complain.

3) Let's face it as good as a Hoy rant is he almost never names names. A Waffles rant always identifies the person that wronged him making for a much more entertaining war or words in the chat box.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I am the master.. but Hoy is a good novice. I think he has the tools to really do it right if he wants.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I used to name names but I got too many tears of too many crying, whining bloggers to keep it up. Don't be staining my fatty silk suits with your teardrops, homey!

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Chad Carpenter (Yahoo IM: carchd) said...

I think you are right about almost everything you said. When I first got involved with all of these blogger tournaments I thought it would be a place to play serious tounaments, learn, and talk about hands after.... It took me about a week to figure out a blogger tournament is like watching three monkeys try to hump a football. I have since just adapted and tried to monkey it up with them, its actually fun in a weird way haha. Seriously though, you should change the Big Game to the Big Big Game, increase the buy in and see who still plays that way :) Internet poker play is usually similar to the buy in level. $10 river chasers and mookies are going to be hella donkish. I pwn crazy donks though, no worries :)

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger lightning36 said...

More venom in the rants, please.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Goat said...

" It took me about a week to figure out a blogger tournament is like watching three monkeys try to hump a football."

That's freaking awesome.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger DP said...

CarmenSinCity said...

Wow - thanks for your expert opinion on good and bad hands. You should get paid for such an informational post. What did poker players ever do before you came along to share your wisom with the world?

8:50 AM

Lol.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

I still think the hammer and other crap cards have there place in creating a preception of looseness, to payoff your big hands, especially in the cash game. But I agree, an all in push with the hammer is so yesterday.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger HighOnPoker said...

This might sound odd coming from me, but I'm in agreement about the hammer. I'm kinda over it. In fact, I'm retiring it from my repetoire. It is so 2004.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger lj said...

hmmmm, i don't know. KJ has come through for me a couple times, though one occasion in particular stands out. "do you even think to put me on a hand??!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home