Tuesday, May 01, 2007

It's Tuesday

I'm not a good loser at Blogger Events. I rarely ever tilt live but nothing chaps my ass than losing a $11 or $26 online event. Sometimes I'm too competitive for my own good. Oh well its always good to have something to work on.

Miami is getting dogged for their draft. We'll see. Um there is a reason Brady Quinn fell to the 23rd pick other than him being ghey. John Beck = Drew Brees.

Don't forget about the U. Three first round picks continuing the record of 13 straight seasons with a first round pick!

Thankfully NFL Network now has great draft coverage. ESPN blows. Mel Kiper is the one of the biggest douchbags alive and I'll bet anyone anything that once his contract expires he's replaced by Todd McShay from Scouts Inc. Just like asswhipe Joe Thiessman is gone so too will Kiper. Hey Chris Berman, your schtick was funny 25 years ago now its just plain tiresome. You're like the 40 year old guy at the club with 10 year out of style clothes who thinks he can still bang 22 year olds. Let me tell you something, they're really laughing at you. Oh well another 25 years and you might retire.

I had my best month ever playing live. It's amazing what can happen when your hands hold up at a regular percentage. It's nice to get my money in as a 75% favorite and me winning 75% of those hands. My game though is really evolving. My reads have been getting much better and I'm using a tight image to win big pots with the goods and also win important pots with well timed plays. I'm hoping for a very good May so I can play $5/10 during the WSOP when the rio will chalk full of the worlds biggest donkeys. Mmmm juicy.

I've finally decided to just multi-table cash games online for sheer profit. Play the nut peddle style, lower variance, and hope to make money. I'll save my skills for live play. I'm stubborn and sometimes a slow learner but there is nothing to be gained trying to be a ballah online when I live in Vegas. So nut peddling it is. How fucking boring but oh well, it's all about the money baby.

5 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Drizztdj said...

I hate losing in a tourney more then getting stacked at a cash game table.

Check your email, I sent the $5 Gracie prop bet to you.

Make sure you got it.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger pokerpeaker said...

That's what I do in cash games online and it works great Don. I throw in the occasional bluff but otherwise safe and straight.

If I want to play fancy and aggressive, I play a tournament.


(And then I don't play as aggressively as I should, but that's just me)

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Instant Tragedy: Just Add Sean said...

Brady Quinn is the MAN!

Hopefully he can do SOMEthing with the Browns this year?

What's the over under on Browns wins this season?

IT

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

poker so much more fun busting nut peddlers with 2 4 off suit, do you really have to become one of those guys?

actually, i have had similar thoughts, maybe we can set up a time of day for nut peddling, like happy hour from 3 to 5, then play skilled poker the rest of the night, I think that would keep the suicide rate of bloggers down a bit.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

Don't be assamed of playing a solid, tight, conservative, multitable, "formulaic" as (hoy would say) cash game style. Once you figure out all of the details it is pretty easy to beat 1/2 NL and down without much creativity. But this is not "nut peddling". Sure you want your nutz to get paid, and will shy away from the bigger pots unless your hand justifies it, but you are also using your image to gobble up the smaller uncontested pots that keep you floating around until the big one comes around.

"Formulaic" play like this just can't be beat by 1/2 NL players. Call me all day with your junk. I am not paying you off, you will be paying me. I will have you pay me big when your junk hits, and my goods hit better as well. There are only a few sophisticated ways to really counter this strategy, and 99% of 1/2 nl and down don't know how. On the very rare instance that someone has you figured out and is good enough to try to counter it, find another table.

Stick with what pays the bills, boring or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home