Friday, June 15, 2007

Ballah Bayne

Congrat to the bad ass ballah Bayne for taking down River Chasers last night and effectively locking up the BBT Championship. I got to spend a lot of time with him during blogger weekend and he's definitely a classy guy. Continued success Bayne.

I went out in 11th when on the button five-handed I jammed AJ sooted right into the all powerful 99. A 9 on the turn and I just miss the final table. It figures that beat was coming because I was open pushing any two and had gotten away with 28 sooted and 95o the previous two hands. Oh well you have to win those coin flips and at least it wasn't some vicious suck out like usual.

Tomorrow I'm playing the $540 at the Venetian with this Bad Ass. The fields have still been full so I'm going to take a crack at the $90K first prize. Wow would that cake look good in my bankroll and it would give me plenty of cushion to start to regularly sit in the $5/10 uncapped games which are always juicy. Not much would be more fun than to crack some nits AA with 68o for a few thousand.

Speaking of that, Tuesday while playing $2/5 I took a beat with AK vs a shorties AQ when a queen spiked on the river but I then busted AA with 45o and followed that up with winning a big three-way pot with 46 sooted making a hidden straight. Lately I've really been concentrating on seeing flops as cheaply as possible and widening my range in position. By widening I'm playing one, two, or three gappers between 4-T which I've found work perfectly in a tight game.

Most all the nits are playing premiums and the good thing about having position with mid range cards is they are easy to get away from if you miss the flop, you can push people off hands when they miss ahead of you, and when you do hit two pair or straights, most people don't see it coming. Win big pots lose small pots is the mantra right now.

What I do find humerous is my table reputation is fairly tight and I've also wrongly been called weak-tight by various donks and bloggers. So its always fun to be open raising and hitting 68o against players who think I only play premiums. I've also picked up my post flop aggression, allowing me to get to more turns, which is where the big money in cash games is won or lost. My mind set is good and I'm running well after a slow start to the WSOP so lets see if I can keep it going.

Alright go win $12K this Sunday during the 100 seat giveaway. Best thing about that is Full Tilt will give you the cash so you can pad your bankroll with $12K instead of dropping $10K on a lottery ticket known as the Main Event. I'm hoping to satellite in myself so maybe I'll see some of you on Sunday.

And finally the Big Game is set-up for July 1. Start working on those tokens now. This addition of the Big Game will be the final points event of the BBT and a we are hoping for the biggest prize pool in blogger history. 58 players give us a $4K prize pool and $1400.70 for first place and 73 players gives us a $5K prize pool and $1611.84 for first. This is big money we're talking about here so help spread the word.

4 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Gnome said...

See you in the FT 100 seat ME guarantee. I hope we make it. The bubble is going to take forever though.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

I'll be in the 100 Seat Guarantee as well. Good luck!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger jamyhawk said...

Great idea opening up your starting hands that way. Funny thought: I bet you will hear "you donkey" much more often, even though you will be increasing your bankroll.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Weak-tight, huh? Hah.

That's like calling Blinders an aggrodonkey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home