Thursday, June 14, 2007

Do You Like Waffles?

Wow, it's been almost a week since my last post. Seems like I haven't been home in a few weeks with most of my time spend either grinding, railing, or having a blast during blogger weekend. After a slow start I'm starting run well so hopefully the momemtum can continue through the rest of the month.

Let's start with Congrats to Hoyazo, SprStoner, and LJ for their cashes at the WSOP. Well done.

Man was Buddy Dank Radio the shit last night. I was laughing my ass off listening to the tunes and the shit talking and like everything else us bloggers come up with it will get better and better every week. Tune in. I think I'm going to make Wednesdays my day off so I can enjoy in all the festivities. Oh congrats to the host for his win also.

I, like usual, took some shitty beats and went out in 25th I think. Nothing like getting your money in ahead over and over and not having your hands hold up. Last night is was a three outer and a naked flush draw that put me on the rail.

The blogger weekend was sensational. No real write-up for me although Hoy did the weekend great justice in a post earlier this week but 8-10 hour multiple sessions of $1/2 at the MGM with my good friends was a complete blast. Yes the donkeys got us on Friday but we more than made up for that when we steamrolled all the non-blogger donkeys on Saturday. I played $1/2 again Monday at the MGM with Chad and LJ and had another good session.

I have found the games at the Rio are much tougher than I thought they would be. Yes there are some tourists but all the local grinders like myself are out and about there is not as much dead money as expected. So basically it's been back to the strip for me for the softer cash games. Chad and I are giving the Venetian $550 another go either Friday or Saturday and I'll also mix in some cash games at MGM, Bellagio, Venetian, and the new donkey palace Treasure Island.

Word I'm getting about TI is the play is horrible. The game is $1/3 with a $500 max buy-in and having those deeper stacks makes for more cash to be won. I'll give you a report about that place early next week.

Okay I'm still getting caught up with things so that's it for this post. I have some interesting hands to post about and I'll start working on some of those later this afternoon.

3 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Gnome said...

Dan (pokercats.blogspot.com) played at TI during the blogger trip, and he said it was a fish pool filled with tourist frat boys and hot college chicks.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Buddy Dank said...

Thanks Man!

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger jamyhawk said...

TI being a fishtank makes sense. Smaller poker room with less exposure. It seemed that Excalibur was a fishtank when I was there 2 months ago, but the max buyin was only $200. I'm interested to hear how you do there. Good Luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home