Friday, June 08, 2007

Venetian $540

Congrats to Hoyazo for making the money in the six-handed WSOP event. Nice job bro.

I played in the Venetian $540 today and busted 90th out of 563 entrants. First in this bad boy was $90K, a very healthy payday, with top 40 coming in the money. Final hand was AQ. Blinds were 1000/2000/300 Hijack made it $8000, I jammed on a resteal. The chip leader in the BB wakes up with KK. Hijack folded Ax so I miss a two outer.

This is why tournaments are frustrating. Nine hours of play zero payout. I make a good play on the resteal and I get unlucky. Oh well, I really did enjoy playing in this event and I will definitely take some more shots in the near future at one of these big payouts.

I stayed aggressive most of the way through, including stealing for three levels when I was absolutely card dead to stay even, I won a crucial coin flip in Level 6 to double up and get slightly above average, and I did a good job of stealing and restealing at least once an orbit as things started getting late. Also I only had to open push in late position twice to stay alive in Level 6 which was right before the coin flip, so I played well enough to mostly stay out of danger.

My game and this structure works out well I think, and I really feel I can final table one of these before too much longer. Some good luck and timing in the later stages are the key. Man get a stack and lean on the tighties as it approaches the bubble and you can really build a stack to go deep. Soon!

Back to cash tables for a little while tomorrow afternoon, then blogger fun tomorrow night and Saturday. I've see a few people, I look forward to seeing the rest tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger surflexus said...

Happy Birthday!!!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Irongirl01 said...

Dude I didnt even know it was your Birthday. I would have at least bought you a drink..

It was great meeting you finally. Time was too short for sure. Snake will be out soon for two weeks. He may be game for some Cash at the Bellagio prior to the Main Event. Ill look you up in girly chat soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home