Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Even

Another weekend of spinning my wheels. Don't laugh too hard. Friday +$7 Saturday (-$18). Don't know how you play poker all weekend and basically break even. Of course it's fitting since my last three months have been break even. Now for a downswing to be break even I can't really complain but for three months straight of breaking off my roll to pay bills has me somewhat frustrated.

I played online a bunch yesterday and guess what I broke out even. I whiffed at a satellite to the $15K, turned a Tier I token into a seat for the $55K, although I was gone in 30 minutes to a sick SB vs BB hand followed up by losing a coin flip, and I ended the night playing cash. Net +$1.20.

So what have I found out about myself during this run? I'm haven't been having fun playing, my attitude has suffered, and I'm dreading what nasty suckout is next. I've decided that is no way to play poker so it's either back to having fun and playing with confidence or it's take some time off. I'm going to pull out the Zen and "shrink" poker books to see if I can find some mental flaws, and I'm going to continue to play smart poker and make good decisions and eventually my hands will hold up.

So it looks like today will be an online day culminating with the BBT Freeroll in place of the Mookie. Nearly $500 for the winner with a nice slow structure so let's see how tight it is. Tomorrow is the $540 Orleans Open with KOD and Bayne then all weekend will be spent at the Bellagio cash tables as I try to make a late run in as we close out July.

It's late notice and I'm sure the numbers will be down but hopefully we can still get three tables for the August Big Game. Go win a token and join us.

5 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Hang in there Don. Keep playing solid poker and profits will come. But you know that.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Irongirl01 said...

Wow, Im really getting bummed out on all the running bad/breaking even etc news Ive been reading. Maybe its the dog days of summer.

Positive Mental Attitude MD. You're a winner!!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Gnome said...

I think Barry Greenstein's book, "Ace on the River," is the best of the shrink books. I like it better than "Tao of Poker" and "Zen and the Art of Poker," which are both OK.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger DP said...

I second that - "Ace on the River" by Barry Greenstein (who originally made his living from NL Hold 'em cash games) is a great book...

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

dont worry don u'll be rocking the tables again in no time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home