Thursday, July 19, 2007

Pair Draw?

$2/5 at Bellagio. In the BB I get KK. Three limpers, SB completes I make it $35 get caller, UTG +1. Flop comes 872 rainbow. I bet $60 and get check raised to $160.

I think for a minute and go through the process, I rule out a set, he's too tight to limp 78 never mind call a raise with it so thats out too. I finally decide on either TT or JJ so I jam.

It's now $236 more to him. He goes in the tank which means to me that I'm ahead. Finally he calls and turns over ATo. A pair draw? No straights or flush draws? Brick Brick and dude pays me off. I net $450 with pocket Kings. Man do I love playing again back at the Bellagio.

You might want to keep an eye on KOD's blog for some live cash game tips. Yes you read that right. Our little KOD has grown up and turned into a live cash game monster. Dude is running scalding hot, so stop by and bust his balls.

I played the 50-50 last night and was in the top 50 almost from start to finish. Got card dead late and could barely even find spots to open push. Man it was aggro time with raises and reraises almost every hand. I jammed every spot I could but the opportunities where too far in between. Finally ran 89 sooted in QQ and I get 82nd. The lesson that I learned that you can't always wait for cards. I needed to be more aggressive when I had 9K in chips even though the blinds were like 50/100.

Today it's back to tournament mode as me and KOD are heading to Caesars for the opening of their new tournament structure. $200 buy-in with T7500. This will be sort of a test drive as it's the same structure for this weekends $330 with T10K. It will also be interesting to see what it's like playing with antes (100/200/25) in only level 3. I'll fill you in.

Depending on how deep I get at Caesars, I'll probably follow that up with some more cash games right next door at the Bellagio. That's it from here. Hope everyone is staying profitable.

7 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

ATo... lol. That's good stuff.

Pull KOD away from the dark side!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Mike Maloney said...

I don't get it, what exactly did he think you had?

Did you find out where he plays online? Please, let us know if you did.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i really don't like the idea of Caesar's adding antes so early in the tournament. it slows down the action. so many donks have to be reminded to put in their ante cuz they usually don't get deep enuf to even know what an ante is.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger cmitch said...

Live cash is sooo soft. I wish I could move to LV and play live cash every day. I am so jealous.

Forget about playing those tourneys stick to the cash game tables.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Virge said...

cmitch! you can do it! really, you can!

:)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Drizztdj said...

After watching Speaker's table at the WSOP, NLHE cash games are definitely the Prime Rib of poker right now.

Soft, chewy, and goes down easy.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger knicksgrl0917 said...

hey! i'm going to cali this weekend and won't be back until september...here is the website i was talking about where i made extra summer cash. Later! the website is here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home