Thursday, August 30, 2007

LSU

I forgot that blogger tournaments where meant to be fun and since I remembered that I've been having an enjoyable time playing the Mookie. I finished in 4th place last night as my hammer lost to the almighty AK. Yup, I've dissed the hammer before so of course I get no love in a key spot. Oh well it was a nice run and I think thats my first mookie final table where I didn't win it.

College football starts tonight! Wow football is back and not a moment too soon. I'm mostly a dog player and I especially love me some home dogs but tonight I gotta lay some big road wood and go with;

LSU -18.

They've covered 9 of 10 vs Mississippi St with the lone exception being last year when the Dogs got a late TD to cover the 33 point number in losing 48-17. LSU is loaded this year and I don't see Miss St. getting more than 7. Prediction LSU 34-3.

Three other dogs look like decent plays but it's early so I'll either parlay them or just make three small wagers.

Miami-Ohio +6 at Ball St
Utah +7 at Oregon St
Utah St +7 vs UNLV

Also if there are any baseball bettors out there I'm about to start a "Bet against Seatlle Challange." The Ms have lost 5 straight at home and they head out for a make-up game at Cleveland followed up by three in Toronto, then three in New York, then three in Detroit. I put them on a 3-7 trip. So the challange is this.

Bet $100 Run Line on every home team that Seattle plays on the trip. If and when I get to +400 I'll press the bets up to $200, then if I get up $800 I'll press the bets to $400 etc. Tonight the Cleveland RL in +140 so thats a great number to start with and I'm thinking 6-7 of the bets should be at + odds. So worst case Seattle wins all ten and I dump a $1000, best case who knows, if they lose a bunch and I press getting + odds then +$5000 is not off the charts.

Had a blast playing with everyone at the Mookie last night and good luck to all the bettors kicking off college football tonight.

7 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Mike Maloney said...

Utah St. is a tough pick to cover, in my opinion. They are absolutely awful against I-A competition, and I know UNLV sucks, but I don't see them staying withing 7 points.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger MARK said...

LSU should drill Miss State. Has all the makings of an ass whipping.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Matt said...

As a Mariners fan, I'm hoping you lose that $1k.

But as a sane, logical sports observer, I know that you'll be coming out ahead. Just when we thought that wild card was surely ours.....

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger fidobuster said...

nice start to college season. 2 for 3 w/ a push. keep 'em comin'.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Yes some very good picks there, in particular your two primary picks of LSU, a total blowout as you suggested, and the Mariners starting off the road trip with a loss after walking in the winning run in the 9th (choke choke). Keep those kind of picks coming for the NFL season man -- in fact I would love to see you do a quick rundown of your expectations for each division in the NFL sometime before next weekend, if that is at all possible.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i got my bet into Bodog just before the kickoff of the LSU game. had to lay 21 pts. but, didn't even have to sweat it.

thx Don

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger MARK said...

Nice picks, keep them coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home