Thursday, August 23, 2007

Time for a Live Stretch

Two days with no poker and again it feels good. That will change quickly though as today is Mookie's last day in Vegas so we'll meet up for a few hour session this afternoon. Then LJ hits town tonight so I'll be meeting up with her tomorrow night at MGM for some more action. I think she and Chad are going to play a tournament at Venetian on Sunday (I'll pass) so I'll probably join them afterwards for some more cash action.

Two nice come from behind wins for the Cardinals against Florida this week. That with Mondays win at Chicago and missing Zambrano during Sunday's rainout has the momentum going in the right direction. Hopefully we can get past the Marlins today and do well with a tough three game set against Atlanta.

Watched one of my all-time favorite movies last night; American Beauty. Absolutely brilliant. It also has one of my all-time favorite lines, "Never underestimate the power of denial." Man how true is that statement whether it's your own denial or someone elses.

Nothing much more to add. Since I'll be playing a lot of live poker the next four days I will find some fun hands to recap. I'll mostly be playing $1/2 so some interesting situations will definitely come up whether they involves me or not. I'm looking forward actually to a nice stretch of live poker and a profitable weekend.

3 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

American Beauty is definitely one of the best movies of the past 10 years or so. The story and especially the acting are totally top notch. Nice choice.

Best of luck with the live poker this weekend, looking forward already to your hand reviews.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Irongirl01 said...

what a great quote that is. Gotta remember it. Havent seen the movie yet

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger jjok said...

great flick....thanks for the reminder......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home