Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Futures

A lot of my friends had bankrolls. A lot of my friends started playing Omadraw. A lot of my friends went busto. Omadraw is like crack once you start you can't stop...until you are out of money. That's the end of any boring poker content for today.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my Week 1 point spread analysis and I'll have it posted tomorrow morning. I'm not crazy about the board so I would say to tread lightly.

Seattle is now 1-5 on the road trip and I guess we saw why the line was so high yesterday.

ML 5-1 +$335
RL 3-3 +$105

Tonight Yankees are -165 on the ML and +120 on the RL. Good luck if you are playing along at home.

Some of you know this story but a dealer at Red Rock who is a heavy sports bettor hipped me to a play he makes every year. He finds an extreme long shot in the NFL and bets a future ticket on them to win the Super Bowl. If the team makes the play-offs then he hedges the ticket so he is guaranteed some winnings. Last year he had $200 on New Orleans at 125:1, which would have paid $25K. He hedged the first game for $1K, then thinking the Saints would lose the NFC Championship game against the Bears he hedged and walked with $8K. Not a bad return wagering a total of $1200 to win $8K.

Now I figured I give it a go this year and originally my thoughts were to bet on Detroit who opened at 70:1 but unfortunately I didn't make the move in time and suddenly they are only 30:1. I just couldn't pull the trigger on any real long shots so I decided to find some value and I played Seattle at 25:1. Here is the action.

Seattle to win Super Bowl $600 to win $15K
Seattle to win Super Bowl $200 to win $5K
Seattle to win NFC $200 to win $1400

I did a bit of a preseason hedge so I can keep the $200 tickets in case Seattle wins it all and if and when Seattle makes the play-offs I can hedge the bigger ticket. Either way if Seattle makes the play-offs I should get a decent return on investment. A big thanks to Clemson for kicking the shit out of Florida St which is what financed this investment.

Fantasy Football draft with some fellow bloggers tonight which should be fun. $100 entry fee, ten teams, paid out like a SnG. I luckboxed into the first pick so I guess that makes me the favorite.

6 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger lj said...

seriously, you are such a luckbox.

booooo o8.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Mike Maloney said...

That's why when I play O8 I play the $.10 table, because otherwise I would probably go insane if I had to throw any real money at that game.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

1st pick doesn't mean anything my man. What? What LT?

Interesting thought on Seattle. I might have to look at some of the odds. Best time of the year.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Irongirl01 said...

looking forward to your picks for NFL week one.. Im in my 4th year of my league but I dont have to pick against the spread just str8 up.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

Get over to FantasySportsLive.com and register for week one of the blogger battle. Still waiting for you to come over and use your sports knowledge for something other than picking a line or future. Blogger bragging rights are at stake here, and nobody gets a first pick advantage.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

Yo, I am coming in a week from Monday and will be there by midday. MNF somewhere perhaps? I will shoot you an email. Looking forward to having some company in the pit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home