Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rainy Wednesday

I'm down in dreary Florida this week getting some work done and I've yet to see the sunshine. I'm not complaining it's nice to actually see some clouds and rain since it's rare you ever do living in Vegas. September is usually hot as balls here anyway so the cloud cover and rain have kept the temps down so it's been bearable.

I've been working on a marketing campaign as I try to bring this business back from the dead. It's almost stable but the cash flow is lacking right now as September is the worst month for drug addicts and alcoholics to go to treatment then aftercare. Funny how there are seasons for self destruction. Most everyone is rippin'and runnin' through the summer and when the weather starts to get colder getting off the streets and into treatment becomes almost plausible in the addict mind.

Winter time is booming down here and no I'm not talking vacation tourist donkeys I'm talking about upper middle class snot nosed twenty somethings from the Northeast. Two weeks into a 28 day treatment when the therapists start to mention after care wintering in Florida doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Hopefully we'll get through this lull and start lining up addition treatment centers to send their clients down this way. Of course I'll be consulting from Las Vegas but nothing wrong with a week every month down in Florida during the winter.

Has anybody looked ahead at the lines for this weekend yet? In the NFL there are nine home dogs out of only 14 games. That should tell all you sports bettors to be fucking careful. Yes, of course some road chalks are going to win but there will also be upsets aplenty so don't get caught with your pants down betting the wrong ones. If there was ever a week to take off from the NFL it's this one coming up. Hopefully we can sort through this mess and pick out some winners.

In the college ranks I already bet Clemson -3 over Georgia Tech and Oregon -4 over Cal. Oregon is up to 5- already as they look to avenge last years thrashing. I personally think the Ducks are a fantastic team and should win this game buy a touchdown+ so there is still value in the line.

After I get done with things today I think I'm going to fire up some online poker. Yes you heard that right online poker. It is Wednesday so I'm going to head over to The Mookie for some donktastic blogger action. Come on out and see if you can knock out Hoyazo and keep his streak of never winning the Mookie intact. I'm going to see if I can't take down my fourth Mookie of the year provided I either get some cards (doubtful) or you donkeys fold.(extremely doubtful)

Have a good Wednesday and I'll see some of you tonight.

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

"I'm going to see if I can't take down my fourth Mookie of the year provided I either get some cards (doubtful) or you donkeys fold.(extremely doubtful)."

Classic man. Hopefully I'll see you tonight at the Mook.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Irongirl01 said...

Just stopping in to say hi MD. Ive been MIA from online poker for a bit as well as the girly chat. What with live play available for me, football and the new TV shows who needs internet poker. Besides Fall is the best season in the Northeast and its nice to be outside!!

Travel Safe

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger bayne_s said...

Who let the Dogs out in College this weekemd?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home