Thursday, September 20, 2007

Poker Content Wow

The number of those who visit this blog are shrinking. I guess the transformation away from poker has been a bad idea for readership purposes. Man I never knew how addicted to poker all you dorks really are. I understand you foresake family, commitment, social activities, etc. for all poker all the time so shame on me for thinking there might be some diversity out there. So without further ado here is some poker content and no I won't copy and paste any hand histories.

Played at the Venetian yesterday and got up early hitting some big pots with hands like J8 sooted and 47o. (from the SB) Then I started getting cards and things went South in a hurry. Within about 30 minutes I had AA and a set of sixes (how come you luck boxes always flop sets and they hold) get cracked by some Euro donk who flushed me on the river. I did get out with minimum damage so at least I know when I'm beat and I can still fold with the best of them.

Side note, Do any college kids read this blog? If so I'd like to know if the are now offering Euro Math as an elective? They didn't have that when I was in college so I might have to see if University of Phoenix online offers it as I need to figure out the basics of flush chasing and call stationing. My brain and trusty calculator are having trouble in this area so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway here is a fun hand that if I typed in the hand history form you all so know and love you swear it would be an actual online hand but nope it happened live.

Some aggro Asian donk gets moved to the table and this guy is loose aggressive like you read about. In a ton of hands, calling down with questionable shit but for the most part running over a very weak-tight table. Mmmm juicy. I love to trap me some aggro donks.

Three limpers I make it $15 to go with TT and only aggro Asian comes along. Flop is Td 8d 3s. Bingo baby top set. Funny thing is the T is the door card and before the dealer even spreads the flop and I can see the other two cards I immediately think how do I get his stack. I make a cheesy $15 bet in the hopes to look weak and he min check-raises me to $30. I pause for about 5 seconds and make it $100 which he insta-calls.

Turn is a Qh and to my delight he jams. Wow he must have something like TP with a flush draw but he's up against my set so I'm at least a 75% favorite so I call and turn over my set. He turns over Qd 3d. Now I'm sure he put me on an over pair and really thought he was ahead but I didn't think he was that strong either and I can't really fault him for playing the hand the way he did but he is trapped and while he does have some outs he is drawing thin.

River is Ad and I get fucking flushed for the third time in an hour. It's sick really. I take three weeks off from playing poker and the first day back I get fucked in the ass not once, not twice but three times in one hour. Anyway I took a walk, came back, bought in for some more and grinded my way back to only a small lose of $140. Oh well it was one of those days...again. I should have walked with a $600 profit instead I take a loss. At least I was only playing $1/2 with a $300 max or it could have been really ugly.

So there you go poker content with a bad beat just how you guys like it. Sorry its a narrative and not a hand history but hopefully you can get the jist of things.

You all do know I'm just busting your balls about your poker obsessions right? I'm not joking about my readership falling though which I do find hysterical.

Go Canes tonight against those A & M goat ropers. It will be nice to get a win at home against a good team as we head into the ACC season. I'm betting on the Canes -2 but I'm sure the public is licking their chops at the chance to bet on the Aggies.

Let's talk some football tomorrow.

13 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Instant Tragedy: Just Add Sean said...

Please beat A&M!

Nobody really likes A&M.

And if Boise St went for the win like they went for it against Oklahoma last year, against A&M...

A&M definitely loses.

Keep writing what makes you feel good. I read ya Don !

Sean

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

You've still got lots of regular readers bud. Keep up the sports talk and the poker talk and whatever else strikes you. I'll keep reading.

That's a sick beat btw, but pretty standard-looking to us online poker donks. Maybe full tilt has taken over the live Venetian poker room for the last few days.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger lj said...

i still read i just understand less when it comes to football betting. those are sick beats, but i can finally say i know a little bit how you feel. :) go miami!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Mike Maloney said...

Are the Aggies really a 'good team' though? I wonder if their stupid mascot is back from suspension yet. Lord do I hate Aggy.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

the play at 1/2 NL on the strip is about as good as .10/.25 online. only a few players understand pot odds and take the time to do the math before they call/push.

but, that's what makes the games so juicy there. unfortunately, you get kicked in the nads quite often.

btw, HH's RAWK and so does football.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger jamyhawk said...

Football or Poker. I'm still in.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger PokahDave said...

It's just the summer drop off. Everybody kind of dropped off the scene after the BBT ended. That being said I like Poker, Sports, and gambling so....keep on keepin on...

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Gnome said...

I stopped reading ... just kidding. I like all the content. And you've even got some people using your sports betting lines (like pokercats.blogspot.com).

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

You still have a blog??? I thought you killed it. :)

Of course, I'm kidding... even though apparently, I was late to this party.

Ok, enough comments... must... get... back... to... more... poker...

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I shall read you forever more. Attention hog.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger 4dbirds said...

I still read although like LJ the sports betting is lost on me. Now about A&M are we talking Texas A&M? My brother and nephew graduated from there. My nephew leaves for Iraq in a few weeks so I have to root for the Aggies, sorry I just have to.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Poker Bully said...

You weren't kidding about the soft games at the Venetian. I was there on Saturday 9/22.

Lots of loose passive limpers preflop and lots of misplaced aggression with weak hands like top pair, medium kicker.

I looked for you on Saturday, were you there?

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger DP said...

"At least I was only playing $1/2 with a $300 max or it could have been really ugly."

$1-$2 NL games are nuts... impossible to ever have any idea what they have, and the variance is super high.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home