Monday, September 24, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Mondays

Well I finally played the Battle of the Bloggers over at Fantasy Sports Live and sweet, I took down first place for a score of $45. I also sampled another contest and got second so a great start. If you aren't playing over there yet Waffles then you should be its a blast just don't sign up in my game because I plan on winning every single week.

I had a very good weekend at the sports book as my top team Pittsburgh cashed a nice ticket. I was able to press the Jax/Den game Over at 1pm then make some nice scratch on Dallas +145 on the ML to close things out. All the top cappers in the Hilton Contest like Tennessee plus the points tonight so I'm going to make a small wager on them also.

Looking ahead to next week Miami owns the AFC West so look for them to put an ass-kicking on the Raiders this Sunday to get their first win. The line opened at 5 and has been bet all the way down to 3' so lets see where it goes from here. In college I would bet Clemson -3 right now at Georgia Tech as I look for them to run it up on a vastly overrated Tech team. Sorry Bayne but your Ramblin' Wreck is just that and I see there current two game losing streak turning into five with Clemson, Maryland, and Miami the next three contests. Clemson is too fast on both sides of the ball and should win this game by 14+.

If any of you Southern California bloggers are around today you could probably assist a friend so go talk Smokkee off of that canyon ledge before he jumps. Sorry the Chargers suck balls. You don't think coaching matters in the NFL? Go see what Norv Turner, he of one of the worst all-time coaching records in NFL history, has done to this team. Let's not forget the always awful Ted Cotrell as the DC who has ruined what was once a ferocious defense and rookie OC Clarence Shelmon who has turned Cam Cameron offense into shit. You fire Marty after going 14-2 and you don't replace him with Wade Phillips or Cam Cameron? Has anybody noticed what Phillips has done with a Cowboy team that fat-ass has been Bill Parcells underachieved with every year? That's right 3-0 and easily the best team in the NFC. That could have been your team Charger fans. There is hope though Smokkee, the AFC West sucks so you might win that division but no way you beat two of New England, Indy, or Pittsburgh on the road in the play-offs?

Week 9 Sunday November 4th New England at Indy in what should be a battle of the unbeatens. I look forward to that.

I'm off to Florida tonight for a short week of business and I'll be back early Friday morning. The weather is beautiful here in Vegas so I'm not looking forward to the heat and humidity of late September down there. I will try to get to the beach for a swim on evening though. I was looking forward to checking out the mob scene and playing some live poker while there but I won't have the time. I'll be there for an extended stay at Thanksgiving so I'll definitely give it a go then.

Hope everyone made money at the sports books and the poker table this weekend. Back mid week from sunny Florida.

4 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger StB said...

Pretty harsh on the Chargers but pretty damn spot on. Any team that loses coaching staff like they did will not be able to carry it over. If they had been able to keep one coordinator, one side could have made up for the shortcomings until the other caught up. Instead, they are getting slapped by the Packers!

Better yet, Phillip's Cowboys are beginning to get an idea of how to run his defense as Garrett looks like a steal.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

our GM def created a huge mess for us. but, we're still a very talented team. even tho we lost yesterday, Rivers got off to a blazing start. our defense can't seem to stop the pass tho.

it's gonna be a frustrating year. it's only week 3. so, i've still got some hope.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Firing Schottenheimer was a huge and obvious mistake, even right at the time. I'm actually glad to see the Chargers' brass having to learn a lesson this way. I bet that guy Schottenheimer cannot wipe the smile from his face today.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

I agree that Wade or Cam should've replaced Marty, but Marty had already let them leave! As Smokkee said, it's still early. Hopefully they'll climb the new coach learning curve and show some signs of winning. Otherwise, my Bolts are in for a rough year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home