Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Bodonkey

That was a nice +180 profit on the Indians as that bet was an absolute no-brainer. It's all about finding value in sports betting same as with poker. You aren't going to win everyone but if you keep making +EV bets over time you will be a winner.

I'm taking Cleveland again over the Red Sox at +150. I'm going to bet one-half the amount I bet on the Cleveland-Yankees series thus ensuring a nice profit although even if I were to bet the full amount I'm guaranteed a win by going 1-1 with both bets being +odds. I like Cleveland's rotation better than I do Boston's with four does of Sabathia and Carmona vs two doses of Josh Beckett. Again I'm betting value here and I'm playing with the houses money.

Not such a good weekend in the NFL for me. I finished down a small amount after splitting the games I bet. The bookies finally gave some money back to the donks when the big favorites like Indy, Pittsburgh, and N England all won and covered. I was amazed at all the excitement at the sports book when N England got that late cover over Cleveland. You would not believe the donkeys who laid 16' and bet on N England and had to sweat the game right until the very last play. Hey I know N England is a covering team but 16' again and again?

I saw N England opened up as a 4' point favorite over the highly overrated Dallas Cowboys. Bet early and bet often as N England supersedes the Home Dog trend of 2007.

Through Week 5 here are the NFL numbers.
Favorites 28-43-5
Over/Under 36-39-1
Home Dogs 17-9
AFC vs NFC 10-10-2

I played a lot of poker last week, well for me, getting in 7 hours Tuesday, then 7 hours Friday at the Venetian and six hours Saturday at Caesars. I finished the week with a small profit as one hand against a complete donk hurt the cause. How you call an all-in with a board of Ts Td 6s 4s holding As 6d is beyond me. My turned flush got sucked out by a four flush on the river which cost be $400 in a $900 pot. That was the difference between a break even week and a decent week.

I had an hour to kill yesterday so I decided to play online poker for the first time in three weeks or so and promptly took it in the ass. The second freakin' hand I run KK into AA and get stacked. Fucking retarded. I guess FT was pissed I hadn't been giving them any rake lately.

A lot of poker is on tap this week as two tournament series hit town with the Binion's Poker Open and the Inaugural Caesar's Palace Classic. I'll be playing in some of the events with KOD and alot of time will be spent at the cash games. That long lay-off from poker was wonderful for my mindset although I'm still a little rusty on the laydowns. Now I know limited poker for three months to you donkeys would have you on suicide watch but I definitely needed to clear my head and work on some other interests. Let's hope for some cashes in the tournaments and some nice profits in the cash games.

Tonight I'm going to play the Bodonkey over at Bodog. Go check out Smokkee's blog for all the particulars as there is a ton of added prizes and overlays. Hope to see some of you out there.

Speaking of Smokkee his Chargers finally did something but what about the inept Angels and worse yet the USC Trojans. How the fuck they lose to Stanford as a 40 point favorite is beyond me but I love the upsets. Too bad Florida couldn't have hung on to beat LSU and the whole college football ranking BSC would have been turned upside down. Oh well, there is still time for more upsets.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and made lots of loot.

5 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

the Angels just cannot find a way to get past the Bosox in the playoffs. i didn't get my hopes up much for that one. but, very disappointing.

the Trojans? ugh what a freakin joke. but, ya at least the Chargers got back on track. they ripped the donkeys a new one.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

What is this "limited poker" you speak of?

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger WillWonka said...

Cowboys overated????? What weed are you smoking??? Yes, they had one pretty bad game or should I say one player had one bad game and you are throwing them to the dogs. I think not.

Now, having said that, I'm sure that they are in NE's league just yet; but I would be putting the mortgage on the Hometown America's Team

GO COWBOYS!!!!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Chad C said...

The combined record of the 5 Cowboys opponents is what 5-20? They have not played anyone resembling a team Wonka......

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Romo, TO and Wade Wilson are all ghey lovers too, let us not forget that.

NTTAWWT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home