Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Back in Florida

I'd forgotten how beautiful late November is in Florida. The humidity is gone and the ocean breeze and sunshine make for a wonderful morning. Of course the weather has been perfect the last two+ months in Vegas so I guess I get the best of both worlds.

Today is one of my favorite all-time drives as I'm heading across Alligator Alley to Naples. All of my family will be together for the first time in 18 or so months and I'm really looking forward to the long weekend with all of them. Or at least until someone has too much to drink and starts a ruckus. Well that only used to happen during Christmas time so Thanksgiving should be safe. Football, family, food, fun, the beach, makes Thanksgiving in Florida one of my favorite times of the year.

I haven't done anything poker since Sunday night's Big Game. I'm hoping to not play at all for this ten day vacation and just enjoy some time doing other things. I'm also looking for some time to reflect on myself and my game so I can break this rut I'm in at the tables. You know, clear my mind and start playing winning poker at the game that suits me the best.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you are truly happy with yourself and your life.

7 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! See you soon in Vegas!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Drizztdj said...

Happy Thanksgiving, and prepare yourself for donkey poker in 16 days :)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Happt turkey day brotha. I do love when you get all zen and wish everyone happiness in your lives. Personally I think most of your best posts have that as a theme in some way.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Instant Tragedy: Just Add Water said...

Have a safe, and wonderful Thanksgiving to you and your family.

See you soon!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Irongirl01 said...

Happy Turkey Day Don!!

Glad you are able to spend it with your family and be with your sis on her 40th!!

I can honestly say I am thankful to have met you and to call you a friend.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Ummmmmm - good thing you got that whole family ruckus thing out of the way nice and early :) Now maybe you guys can relax and enjoy the rest of your time in Florida!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger lj said...

happy t day. see you in vegas in a week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home