Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Still in Florida

I'm still in Florida and I'm still enjoying what has been a much needed vacation both for my mental well-being along with spending some quality time with family that I don't see nearly as much as when I lived in Florida. We've eaten well, either watched a lot of football or did a lot of fishing based on preference, drank (in moderation except for our eventful day/night last Wednesday), and caught up with the lives of one another. Again it's been a perfect trip but I'll also looking forward to getting back to Vegas on Thursday morning.

I'll quickly jump to the poker front and I'm happy to say there has been none. I left my laptop at home and the ones I've borrowed don't have any poker software downloaded so it's been such a much needed break from that grind. I know most of you have jobs and families that you deal with on a regular basis so playing poker is more of a time consuming hobby, and you must be thinking ten days with no poker, I'd be going fucking crazy with boredom, but for someone who is trying to make a go of it in Vegas, it's fucking awesome to not even think about poker.

That said there will be some important decision to make regarding this fickle game once I get back to Vegas. Really I've spent way to long being an internet player and while it certainly has its conveniences I did move to Vegas for a reason. Fuck I could live in any shit hole in America and be an internet player, and no offense to anyone who lives in a shit hole or plays online but we all have different things that make us happy or we're better at, but for this player, my strengths lie in playing live and it's something I need to reembrace once I return or move on to something else.

There are also a couple other private goals that are important to me that have fallen way down the priority list and it will be a challenge to see if I can once again make those something that I strive to achieve. Playing online combined with my general laziness has started to turn me into something I'm not 100% happy with and it is time to make these important changes or like I said earlier move on to something else. I'm not trying to be drastic or dramatic but it's time for a change and I'm more than willing and confident in my abilities to make these changes and become the happy-go-lucky person I once was and who I've seen myself become less of. That and a bad-ass live poker player!

In other news, I've already qualified for the play-offs in our blogger Fantasy Football money league as well three of my four other leagues. In the other one I'm on the bubble but I still have a shot to get in. FF is a crap shoot once you get in the play-offs so hopefully I can stay hot and get lucky when the money is on the line. $500 is top prize in the Blogger league along with bragging rights for a year so the first step of getting in is accomplished.

Watching your NFL team go 0-11 (14 loses in a row going back to last year) is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. There is hope this weekend as we get a sorry ass J-E-T-S Suck Suck Suck team at home. Although they have owned us for the last decade it would be fantastic to get of the schnide against our most hated rival. The Canes getting clobbered doesn't help matters much either. Both teams lack talent from previous coaching staffs so I do feel like there is hope for both to be contenders in as soon as 2009.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and that you were surrounded by people you love. I also hope you all took time to reflect and be grateful for all the wonderful and beautiful things that fill your life. Talk to you again on Thursday from Vegas.

5 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Otis said...

Happy Don rules!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger pokerpeaker said...

Don, it almost sounds like you're talking about making some life changes in addition to your poker game. I'd strongly encourage you to work some hiking time or workouts or something in there, especially if you're going to be spending a lot of time at the poker table (which I'd encourage you to do as well). I think that will help your mindframe. We talked about hiking at one point...I'll be on the yahoo if you want some tips on how to incorporate simple workouts in your life.

I like your fresh perspective. Looks like the vacaction was what you needed. Oh, and nice game, MU. I'll be rooting for them this weekend.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Chad C said...

The Jets beat the Steelers right? I think the Jets are getting better and better every week! Even though they stunk it up in Dallas. But they don't have to worry about Miami putting up any good amount of points so they should be in the game know matter what from start to finish. I still don't think they go 0-16, but I really believe the Jets shouldn't just be counted as a W before they play the game.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger jamyhawk said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your time off.

Get off the internet and play live! So much better.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger 23skidoo said...

So why don't you play your scrubs this week so I can make the playoffs man! Spread the love.

Have a good one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home