Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Return of the Asshat Frat Crew

It's Wednesday so you know what that means.



The Asshat Frat Crew will be broadcasting live once again on



Come out and listen while you play the



Got to my 4th final table out of six events in the Skillz series last night finishing 4th. I was amazed at how many people don't know how to play PL actually. Congrats to Buddy on the victory.

If you guys aren't playing the $50-50 on Full Tilt you are missing out on the best structured tournament there is on that site. It's not like those donkfest $26 $24K or $28Ks where it ram and jam and you need to accumulate chips and play like a button masher that all the token donks love so dearly. Nope it's 2000 chips with 12 minute levels, antes don't kick in until level 11 which is at the start of the 3rd hour so there is plenty of time to play. Now granted it was only a 26th place finish last night but look at my stats. 11 of 12 baby in showdowns!



I was so freakin' card dead that it got to a point where I was just trying to fold into the money. (15% pay here which is also a plus) Once I got into the money I went on a small card rush and grinded my way into the top 20. Two resteals with AK, AK holding up vs AT, JJ v. 77, then winning a huge race with TT flopping a set to beat AK. I finally went out on BB vs SB race where my A8 lost a flip with 33. I win that I would have been 7th with three tables left and a legitimate chance at the $11K+ first prize.

I've been working hard on a big tournament score and in these events with the great structures like the $50-50 I've been trying a new style and playing even tighter than normal. I don't see the point of getting in a lot of confrontations early with mediocre hands. Basically I try to stay with the average chip stacks once the antes start and I try to keep a healthy M of around 8-10 which is entirely possible by folding iffy hands. If I want to mix it up and try to outplay people I'll head over to the cash tables where I can see a lot more flops and where I can reach back in my pocket if need be, but here I'm just trying to survive, stay in contention, and have good timing and good luck late, which is what anyone needs to win a tourney.

Now I know you button mashers will probably scoff at my stats, but I'm going to win something big playing this style and I'm going to consistently go deep playing this style which will always give me a chance for the prize. And again, it's all about the structure, this will work in some MTTs, in a lot of others it's a waste of time and those are tournaments I just don't play.

See everyone tonight at the Mookie, listen to us asses on the Radio, and look for some updated writing tomorrow on my Past series.

7 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Tight is definitely right in the big mtt's with the "slow" structures (slow for online play, anyways). It's great to see you getting closer with some of your tournament runs recently. I really think you're going to take something big down very soon.

See you tonight on BDR!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

WWBD is way to go in Big MTTs unless you are LJ than WWLD seems to work.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Mondogarage said...

Very nice finish, indeed, and I'm sure a much nicer cash than what you would have picked up in the PLHE game. Thanks for the great game last night in the Skillz.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger BWoP said...

Nicely done.

But you really should change your name to Miami Kush.

Those Kush guys couldn't LOSE.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Mike Maloney said...

Nice stats. I love the 50-50, I wish I could play it more often.

I'm still annoyed at myself for letting you knock me out in the Skillz game last night. I knew, knew that king on the turn hit you when you bet out, but I convinced myself I had some fold equity and that my flush draw had potential. Ugh.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Irongirl01 said...

Jeesum MD I get moved to your table and before I even have a chance to fire up the girly chat to catch up you run out on me...

SIGH...

Great job in the SKILLZ series. Looks like you are running well.

Looking forward to part 3 of your tales from the past.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home