Thursday, February 28, 2008

BBThree

Enjoyed a nice trip to California spending some time with family. It's usually Florida so it was nice to check out the other coast for a while. It was about five hours door to door and I'm one that doesn't mind solo road trips so I took a different route each way to mix things up. Some of California is beautiful some is downright ugly. Who lives in the high desert of California anyway?

It's time for the BBThree and thanks to Al for all the great prizes. His blog is updated today with the payouts and it does seem juicy. I've decided that I will in no way, shape, or form, kill myself to play all the events. Good luck to those of you who do and good luck to those already with shaky marriages and relationships since this might be the end for you.

Breaking this down, the key to all of this is winning a seat in the TOC. You get a seat in there you have a shot for the big prize, you don't you'll probably be lucky to break out even from this whole endeavor unless of course you go deep in the Big Game a couple times. $1018 is the total cost so it will be very interesting to see the net wins and loses when this is over.

My goal is of course a TOC seat and an early TOC seat. Although the monthly prizes of a $2K WSOP looks good they only go out to one points leader and the odds of winning that a very fucking slim. I think playing some other bigger non-BBThree tournaments and a bunch of cash both online and live makes the likelyhood of winning $2K much greater so that is where my focus will be.

Also, let's not forget that there are no third-party registrations to the WSOP and that whoever wins the $12K ME packages might not even play in the ME as $12K in cash might be a better option. If that does happen then the controversy will be HUGE. This was not an issue during the Aussie package but I can see a big time controversy waiting to happen.

For example what if two non-bloggers win, take the $12K and pocket it? Or for that matter what if two bloggers win and take the $12K and pocket it? I know for a lot of you that playing in the ME and cashing are two huge goals but I certainly know it's not one of mine and I'd much rather have $12K. Or what about say a family man with kids I'm sure that family can use $12K more than a lottery ticktet. Oh well we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

So get out to the Big Game this Sunday night and help kick off the BBThree. If we do get 65 players first place will be a whopping $1502.48

9 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Drizztdj said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Drizztdj said...

Getting a seat would be rough as we're sitting on a little debt due to the new kitchen.

$12K would go a loooooong way in paying off the new kitchen and new trailer.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

Having spent 2 hours with the wife going over terms and conditions in 2006 tp make sure I could not pull the cash out makes it paramount that no one tells my wife if I win a seat.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Mike Maloney said...

Interesting point Don. I have a feeling it won't be that big of a deal because I honestly think most people would be inclined to just pocket the cash, so there might not be so much controversy after all.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

1st off, I'm laughing my ass off at "good luck to those already with shaky marriages and relationships since this might be the end for you."

I agree with the whole assessment regards to $12k in cash (is it a $12k package or a $10k buy in that you actually get, I'm guessing the latter). Either way, $10k+ would definitely be nice and not that I am saying I would (but I can dream) but if I win, I feel that I would have a responsibility to all the bloggers out there that I play the main event and blog about it.

At least that way, it might inspire future bloggers, encourage future blogger participation and give FTP another incentive to keep giving us freebies once in a while for added exposure.

And most of all, I gotta play the ME once.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger HighOnPoker said...

Some great points, Don. I know for a fact that I cannot take 2 weeks off of work to play in the WSOP ME. I took that fact and decided that I wouldn't go nuts trying to win the BBThree because even if I win the big prize, I'll have to forego it. But now that you mention you can keep the $10k, I wonder if I should go for the TOC now. After all, I might not be able to play the ME, but I can take the 10k, withdraw half, and still have more than enough to fly to Vegas and play a preliminary event. I'm a longshot to win it anyway (as we all are) but I'd hate to be on the wrong end of that controversy. Dizzamn!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Chad C said...

If I win a ME seat in any other venue this year I keep the cash again. If I win any seat in BBThree though I play the event no matter what out of pure obligation to bloggerdom. I would hope others would feel the same!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger $mokkee said...

if i slip on a banana peel, i'm playing the Main Event. it's been a goal of mine for quite some time. Tina even told me she had a dream the other night that this was my year for the WSOP. for this reason, i'm planning to play more WSOP satellites this yr than i did in '07.

it's a good time to be a poker blogger.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Astin said...

In the end it boils down to whoever wins gets to do whatever they want. As Chad said, I'd hope that the winner plays the ME out of obligation to this group. Would there be controversy otherwise? No doubt, but I think it would be short-lived.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home