Monday, March 03, 2008

BBThree Event One

105! Holy fuck Al you've created a monster. Unfortunately I was card dead so I was not the victim of one of the 100+ suckouts so I lingered to 30th place by floating and stealing whenever I could. I finally pushed KT into 99 so somehow I got a race with that shitty hand even though it ended my night.

I did make some structure changes to the Big Game going forward. In talking with a couple of respected tournament players it was noted that when we got down to 4-5 tables left, other than the big stacks the M's of most players were in the 5-8 range, which I find unacceptable. With so many chips in play and a faster structure I think we lost a lot of play during the crucical mid-late stage of the tournament.

So going forward the Big Game will start with 3000 chips but we will have 12 minute levels. The extra two minutes per level might not sound like much but it will definitely make a difference playing five levels per hour as opposed to six. Also the next three Big games are up and available for sign-ups and they are scheduled for March 30, April 27, the final BBThree event on June 1.

Going forward I can't imagine how big some of these fields are going to be. Sure it was the kick-off and we shattered all records in the Big Game but if we had 105 for a $75 Big Game what will the numbers be for a $10 Mookie or Riverchasers? I think we shatter 200 for one of those events.

This is also going to be a monumental task for any of us to tackle these huge fields and win a TOC seat. After watching some of the play and some of the donkerific beats last night man one will need some good fortune to go through 150 players. I am on the fence and I keep going back and forth on whether I am going to play or not going to play most of the events. Time will tell I guess.

Tonight.



And while you are killing time at work go read some of this.


5 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Dr. Pauly said...

Thanks for pimping Truckin'!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Mike Maloney said...

12 minute levels are so much better than a 5,000 stack.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Chad C said...

Wow, what are we going to do though? We can't just shove anything anymore and blame the structure!!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

This is an excellent change for sure, Don. Way to go.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger RaisingCayne said...

Great game in the MATH last night! Winning a TOC seat will indeed be a monumental task with the size of the fields. Good luck in your quest to get one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home