Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bank

I had a bet with two individuals that I would either at 5:1 finish one or two off the bubble, or 10:1 would finish exactly on the bubble at the Mookie.

Sadly I missed the Mookie money and finished exactly on the bubble shoving 97o from early positon losing to AK when a 7 and a K showed on the flop.

Oh well, the $23.60 I missed out by coming in 7th was more than compensated by coming in exactly 8th. Don't try that at home kids.

And to the players who won ME seats, allusions of grandeur are prevalent during these times. Drop the ego, stop thinking about selling shares and keep the $12K. You'll thank me for it later...I promise.

I'm waiting for the flood of Celtic gear. Funny how I've not seen any Celtic gear in twenty two years, only Red Sox or Patriot gear, but I'm sure all the front running NE fans will be donning the grean come tomorrow.

Don't hate me, I was born in Worcester, MA and all my family are Boston/NE fans. Perhaps that explains it all.

4 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Bayne_S said...

Don,

I have supplied definitions from m-w.com.

I believe you meant to use "illusions of grandeur" while making allusions that LJ, Loretta at all should pocket money rather than playing ME.

Now investor but still President (until Lucko claims title) of LJ fan club.

Main Entry: al·lu·sion
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈlü-zhən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Late Latin allusion-, allusio, from Latin alludere
Date: 1548
1: an implied or indirect reference especially in literature; also : the use of such references
2: the act of alluding to or hinting at something.

Main Entry: il·lu·sion
Pronunciation: \i-ˈlü-zhən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin illusion-, illusio, from Latin, action of mocking, from illudere to mock at, from in- + ludere to play, mock — more at ludicrous
Date: 14th century
1 aobsolete : the action of deceiving b (1): the state or fact of being intellectually deceived or misled : misapprehension (2): an instance of such deception
2 a (1): a misleading image presented to the vision (2): something that deceives or misleads intellectually b (1): perception of something objectively existing in such a way as to cause misinterpretation of its actual nature (2): hallucination 1 (3): a pattern capable of reversible perspective

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Irongirl01 said...

or he meant to use delusions of grandeur??

I have to agree with Don on keeping the $$$$. The WSOP structure is horrible even the ME structure sucks. IMO i keep the money or keep half and use the rest for other tourney entrys. If I were good enough to be staked then I play. Much better value out there at Caesars or venetian.

I suggest anyone thinking about playing any WSOP event read an article that appeared on Pocket5's on transitioning to live play. And when I mean live play I dont mean home games I mean live MTT play.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger P said...

why on earth would i not play in the main event? i'm freerolling, sir, and it's definitely on my things to do before i die list.

it's not like i need the 12k.

so anyways, i just wanna last thru day one.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger PokerGuy said...

I would like to buy a link box on your site please email me prices at str8flush420@hotmail.com thanks, I couldn't find your email

John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home