Thursday, June 19, 2008

They Beat LA

We all know LA is such a fake, soft, plastic, style over substance city so it was good to see the Lakers fittingly play up to LA standards. 131-92. Really? Kobe my ass! Still ain't won shit since Shaq left.

I'm glad that Boston won since I bet them to win the series even though we have to listen to the obnoxious NE fans. I've seen thousands of Red Sox and Patriot hats both in Miami and Vegas but never a Celtic hat. I'm sure that will change soon as all the front runner fans will claim they've been loving the Celtics for the last twenty two years while the teams sucked even though none of them sported any gear.

The bookies got rich during this series in a perfect example of them baiting the public to bet on one side. Some of you dinosaurs will still argue that the bookies want equal money on both sides but as a business and a business dealing with gambling and degenerates they too are also looking for an edge. Their edge was the public perception that the Lakers were all things glamourous and that the donkerific public would bet LA all series long. Well Boston won the series, Boston won four ML bets three which were at + money, and Boston covered the spread in all six games. And most everyone still bet on LA. Go figure.

5 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Dr. Pauly said...

I bet the Lakers in the first two rounds for a nifty profit. They covered almost every game with the exception of an OT loss in Utah.

I broke even betting on Boston in the first two rounds.

Before teh NBA finals were set, I felt that the Lakers were playing inferior teams and that the Celtics were playing like crap.

However, I bet the Celtics heavily in the finals... and I won enough money that I can buy into the WSOP main event.

I can't stand the Celtics as a lifelong Knicks fan. But shit, money is money...

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Instant Tragedy said...

It was a very profitable time due to the Celts.

If they can keep the core together, this could be the team to beat for the next three years. After all the lEastern conference blows.

I would have liked to see a New Orleans/Celtics series.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

All very well said, Don.

For the life of me I could not understand why everyone and their mother was picking the Lakers to win this series even after Boston seemed to figure out how to win a game here and there on the road. We've got an all-time great Celtics team with home field advantage playing a good but not great Lakers group, and the whole world picks the Lakers? I never got it. Apparently never did the Celtics players.

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger golden said...

I used to book bets with about 50 regular players and I never wanted the money even. All but one player was a loser for the year and the one winner was a small winner.

Remember, most gamblers are stone cold losers. Fade their action and you'll do alright.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Zeem said...

a guy nicknamed Miami Don living in Vegas calling out LA? Rich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home