Monday, April 19, 2010

BBT5

Glad that the BBT is back. After some confusion and an old email address I got everything squared away with Al and got added to the Invitational with the last wave of players. Unfortunately I ran good early and like shit late and went out with the ugly AJ losing to 99 and coming in 19th place. Congrats to JJ and Maigrey for securing the first two TOC seats.

This should be an interesting event with only 24 players qualifying to the TOC, (provided no multiple winners) so the pressure to win something is right there from the door. I know missing the BBT3 TOC sucked ass when I didn't qualify so hopefully I can knock the rust off what little of a tournament game I did have and I can win myself a seat.

I look forward to seeing some of the old faces back for the BBT5 and I do think this short and sweet 18 event qualifier should keep the rants and fights to a minimum. I know I've tried not to be a D-Bag since I've stepped away from poker for most of the last year so don't expect any epic rants from me anymore. I'm really a nice guy most of the time and I know there are more important things than poker so my idea is to have fun but the competitive fire will still burn bright so I hope like hell I can win a seat.

Major league baseball, NBA playoffs, the NFL draft, I like this time of the year. I'm stoked Miami went out and got Brandon Marshall last week and I know I'm already looking forward to the NFL season in September. The schedules will be announced tomorrow so that's always an interesting event in mapping out and predicting how the season may go. Add the three day draft coverage and I can get my football fix in Mid-April.

3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

gl bro. Nice to hear from you. Glad you are in the BBT5.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger jjok said...

me 2......now take one down!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Schaubs said...

Good to see you at the table yesterday Don.

You forgot to mention playoff hockey ;)

Love the BM to the Fins btw.

Take one of these BBT5's down you asshat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home